What's new

Are these halves marked? (PICS)

jimmyx

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 14, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
This is my first experience CRH. I just picked up 4 boxes today which the bank had to order.

I have went through about 10 rolls and have found about 10 coins with the below markings. Am I possibly wasting my time?

Are these marked by another CRH? I have no idea how coins would be marked. Any input would be appreciated.

crh1.jpg


crh2.jpg


jimmy
 
Upvote 0
Yup. Search anyway. Just because some of the coins are marked does not mean the others have been searched. By the way, don't bother marking your own coins that you've searched. It proves nothing other than you are getting some of your coins back. Big deal. There still could be silver. Also, don't assume that all CRH'ers are smart. I once found a 40% marked. :icon_scratch:
 
I once found a '64 marked with a sharpe ???

HH
-GC
 
Could be that the coins marked are of a date with a known error variety and someone has checked them for that error. This marking is their way of knowing that they already checked a particular coin if they get it in another roll or bag.

Also, as you said, it could be a general mark. Consider if the marked coins end up in a coin machine and then get rolled with other coins, there could be silver in those new rolls.
 
don't waste your time marking coins. you will get some of them back that is a given. if you search large volumes like i do it would better serve you to spend your time searching. but to each his own i guess
 
Ju8vP3t said:
I'd have to say YES...... :laughing7:
I too find regularly marked coins- it is rare to go thru a Box and find none for me, though am not looking for marks so may miss alot really (only search rims), but still see plenty of Silver in amongst marked ones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom