50.6 KB · Views: 506

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
yes. because of their shape I would say fresh water pearls. I cannot tell if they are real though. You would need a jewelry expert.

S

stefen

Ashleen said:
how do they feel on the old tooth test?

The vinegar test always works...assuming of course, you didn't like the pearls...disolves them

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
treasurehuntr2 said:
is there a such thing as a pink pearl?
Dear treasurehuntr2;
Take a suspected pearl and gently place it between your upper and lower front teeth then very gently nibble it. If the pearl feels rough like fine sandpaper then it's a real pearl but if it feels smooth it's a fake pearl. I am a certified gemologist and that is how I do it.
Your friend;
LAMAR

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
lamar said:
treasurehuntr2 said:
Dear treasurehuntr2;
Take a suspected pearl and gently place it between your upper and lower front teeth then very gently nibble it. If the pearl feels rough like fine sandpaper then it's a real pearl but if it feels smooth it's a fake pearl. I am a certified gemologist and that is how I do it.
Your friend;
LAMAR

a weird thing about that. one time i bought an avon necklace, sterling silver but it had pearl on it, and an official document stating it was a real pearl, and i did the tooth test and it was EXTREMELY smooth, no gritty-ness. I have done the pearl test multiple times before this and have felt a "real pearl" that is gritty and plastics. But this one baffled me.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
cultured pearls vs real "natural" made pearls--cultured pearls can have a huge man made center with a thin pearl coating placed upon the by the oysters * --real pearls are made by a small natural item getting in the oyster and many layers of pearl coating layering one upon another.

davidpitt

Oct 1, 2011
Yes there are pink pearls in existence. Tooth test proves to be useful to detect fake pearl from natural pearl. When you rub a natural pearl across your teeth, the pearl will feel slightly gritty while a fake pearl is likely to feel smooth and slippery.

christingill

Greenie
May 24, 2012
US
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi treasurehunt, I really like this pink pearl. This pink pearl bracelet is looks very beautiful and very expensive because I think it is real pink pearl. Thanks for sharing this fantastic post about pink pearl.

buckquinton

Nov 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are real pink pearls and in my opinion they are tahitian pearls

bis

Nov 17, 2012
They might be real because they are not in perfect shape and they look like fresh water pearls

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are genuine pink pearls -- cultured oval rice pearls (freshwater). You'll likely notice an uneven blemished surface. The knotting in between the pearls is another clue. Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread