What's new

are these pins and buttons from the civil war?

treasurehuntr2

Jr. Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
92
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
san francisco, ca.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I dug these up here in S.F. but they seemed civil warish to me. anyone know? Do they have any value?Thanks for the help.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 099.webp
    Picture 099.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 663
  • Picture 101.webp
    Picture 101.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 685
  • Picture 103.webp
    Picture 103.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 545
  • Picture 107.webp
    Picture 107.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 502
  • Picture 109.webp
    Picture 109.webp
    55 KB · Views: 516
  • Picture 099.webp
    Picture 099.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 509
  • Picture 100.webp
    Picture 100.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 492
  • Picture 101.webp
    Picture 101.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 522
  • Picture 102.webp
    Picture 102.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 483
  • Picture 103.webp
    Picture 103.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 518
  • Picture 104.webp
    Picture 104.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 480
  • Picture 105.webp
    Picture 105.webp
    42 KB · Views: 481
  • Picture 107.webp
    Picture 107.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 483
  • Picture 108.webp
    Picture 108.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 479
  • Picture 109.webp
    Picture 109.webp
    55 KB · Views: 490
  • Picture 110.webp
    Picture 110.webp
    59.3 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0
I don't have any idea on the first button. What is it made of? It looks like it might be old. The pin is not very old, mid1900's or so. The button with the eagle is a US great seal button. They started using these in 1902. I think your's is more 1950's or 60's and the next 2 buttons are blazer buttons. I have no idea on the buckle.
 
vayank54 said:
I don't have any idea on the first button. What is it made of? It looks like it might be old. The pin is not very old, mid1900's or so. The button with the eagle is a US great seal button. They started using these in 1902. I think your's is more 1950's or 60's and the next 2 buttons are blazer buttons. I have no idea on the buckle.
hi thanks for the response... the first button seems to be made of some extremely hard kind of multicolored plastic or plaster... I dont know, it's very hard though. It doesn't seem easy for the parts that have chipped away to have done it
 
Hmm don't know about that first one I thought maybe it was made out of a hard rubber or pressed leather. I don't thing I've ever seen one made like that one before. Hopefully someone will know.
 
vayank54 said:
Hmm don't know about that first one I thought maybe it was made out of a hard rubber or pressed leather. I don't thing I've ever seen one made like that one before. Hopefully someone will know.
much thanks
 
The "we the people" pin was a gift from the NRA when you joined up........Nice Dig's!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom