What's new

Are two heads better than one?

pynchinflint

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bama
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little oddity this morning. Going threw some nickles and this one stood out for some reason. I was thinking that this 1989-P may have been a broadstrike or had some rim peculiarities. I flipped it over to take a gander at the reverse and to my surprise....well, its a 1976 nickle. :laughing7: I have found a couple two headed halves but this is first for me.
 

Attachments

  • nik reduced.webp
    nik reduced.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 302
  • nik reduce.webp
    nik reduce.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0
Magicians coin! Slam it very hard on a hard surface and it will either not bounce or it will break in half.
 
I found one of these two-headed nickels several months ago. Except mine is 98P on one side and 91P on the other.
 
Piercesdad said:
Magicians coin! Slam it very hard on a hard surface and it will either not bounce or it will break in half.

The 2 headed coins are usually bonded and will not come apart.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom