What's new

Are we having an impact......

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
................on the mintages of (business strike) half dollars ?

Consider that:

In 2008 the US Mint produced 3.4M half dollars (1.7 each from Philly and Denver)
In 2009 the US Mint produced 3.8M half dollars (1.9 each from Philly and Denver)
In just January 2010 the US Mint has already produced 3.5M half dollars (1.8 from Philly and 1.7 from Denver)

Is all the CRHing , and hoarding, of half dollars having an impact .............or is it just coincidence ?

After all:

In 2006 the US Mint produced 4.4M half dollars (2.4 from Philly and 2.0 from Denver)
In 2007 the US Mint produced 4.8M half dollars (2.4 each from Philly and Denver)

Just a thought.

(source: http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/coin_production/index.cfm?action=production_figures)
 
Upvote 0
Thurm, I think we are but I was shouted down last time I asked the question. In my area, the tellers all comment that they are having to order more halves from the "fed". The local armoured car companies are having trouble keeping enough halves for the demanding CRHers. Jim


I had one brainiac teller tell me I should just drive to downtown Dallas and pull up to the "FED" and get what I needed.
 
If those figures hold, it will be the first year since 2001 that we end up with a non NIFC half being minted...
 
thurmownator said:
In just January 2010 the US Mint has already produced 3.5M half dollars
That sounds like typical government, go overboard on something no one wants or ever uses. Now if they go retro and start pumping out Franklins I will be first in line. ;D
 
I would bet they are done for the year.
 
coolpix9 said:
I had one brainiac teller tell me I should just drive to downtown Dallas and pull up to the "FED" and get what I needed.

My how is wish this was true. I could back my truck up and ask they fill it with only silver halves. And any other silver coins they had on hand.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom