What's new

Are you a club member?

I still do in a way ! But as you well know One of our most faithful and dedicated members took a non memeber to a site that we had to jump through some major hoops to secure.
Non member now returns with folks all over the southeast DAILY.
 
Member and President SMDAC in Iowa
 
stefen said:
Do not see the benefit to me...

I agree Stefan. I'd rather have a few solid buddies who I detect with and trust then joining a club.
 
I have been hunting since the '70s. Joined a club once, but finally stoped going to meetings. The main thing with the club was it's "planted" hunts. These seem a waist of time to me also it seems everyone was going to meetings to find out everyone elses hunt locations and contribute none of theirs. I now hunt alone or with a trusted buddy, mostly cach hunting. I must admit I am not a groupie type person. I work best alone or with a buddy. As the old saying goes too many cooks spoil the meal or words to that effect. Frank
 
No , I used to be years back .It was cool back then but I no longer have the time or desire . I've gotten used to hunting by myself and prefer it now as it has become my time to think and unwind. I also find myself on the forums less now so I can do more detecting.
 
Before I joined a club my finds were clad and the occasional ring or other piece of jewelry. Since joining the club I have learned how to knock on doors to obtain permission at old sites, shared useful info with others about my detector, made a lot of great friendships and am now finding what everyone else can only dream of finding. Could I have done it with out the club? I can honestly say probably not. They gave me the encouragement I needed, showed me how to research old sites and how to listen to what my detetor was trying to tell me. I also love the friendly competition some of us have when we goto club hunts.

I would recommend joining a club to any newbie or any one who wants to go from being an average detectorist to being a great detectorist.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom