Are you a shipwreck hunter?

Are you a professional or amateur shipwreck diver? Please select the one that best applies.

• You own your own boat and dive gear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You've worked on salvage boats and are a diver

• You're a diver and metal detect (no boat)

• You've done some diving/scuba/treasure hunting

• You've already hit the motherlode and have retired.

• Total voters

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could afford it,,,I'd be doin it.

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Oh, yeah. I hunt for shipwrecks, from the comforts of my own home. From two pirate maps I derived the locations, then searched the web to see if anything turned up in those spots. One was Big Duck Island, Maine the other off of Atlantic Beach North Carolina with an X marking the spot. The first was discovered through Captain Kidd's Key or Skeleton Island Map, of which two pirate treasures have turned up there in the 1950's. More info on this can be seen at http://user.adelphia.net/~spainhe/ellen/gdi.htm. Oh, if I had been born earlier and old enough to find it first. The second I will list below, this was discovered the year I graduated high school, I just solved this one about a month ago, it's Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge. So, I'm getting closer to nabbing one of my own. I have had great help from James Ruddach, Kevin Kidd, and Howard Frey. But research is my game, and I owe alot of my finds to such simple things as a Rand McNally Atlas and Google Earth, to help me scope things out. I'll enclose a picture of a galleon, which I have found, it is in very shallow water, so much can be seen. It is located off an unpopulated island in the Carribean, and I believe is the answer to the "Galleon Wrecks" portion of Captain Kidd's Mar Del Map. If I knew about investors and finding all the people I would need to bring it together, I'd be there right now, there's no info on this area anywhere on the web! But how to get there before someone beats me to it? If anyone wants info from my archives on these two treasures found, but already found you can e-mail me at [email protected] I'm saving them to write a book on the adventures I've had from behind a computer.

Attachments

• Blackbeard-Queen Annes Revenge- beaufort-inlet-1738chrt.gif
    Blackbeard-Queen Annes Revenge- beaufort-inlet-1738chrt.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Google Galleon view.JPG
    Google Galleon view.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 225

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread