What's new

Are you a Treasure Hunter, Metal Detectorist, or ???

What do you consider yourself ??

  • Metal Detectorist

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Treasure Hunter

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prospector

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Treasure Historian

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack of all Treasure trades

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battery Waster

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Research and Recovery

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mutilated aluminum can recovery

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
Someone asked me over the weekend what is the best way to describe what I do. He made me think... I do a TON of treasure hunting and I do a bit of metal detecting....But my answer was " I would consider myself a Treasure Historian ". I said this because, I LOVE the stories, and am a avid collector of anything old and about Southern California ( especially old books, manuscripts etc... ). Don't get me wrong, I love to metal detect, but I REALLY love going to the old sites and exploring the area's that the pioneers have lived. To see where they were, and try to examine how they got by, is simply AMAZING to me...Please understand if there is something shiny on the ground it will most likely be in my pocket Grin Grin We have it soooo much better then they did, I mean, there would be no way my big behind would walk or ride from one state to another... I didn't see any memory foam in those saddles !?!? Did you Huh Just imagine if we were able to bring back just one old timer to today. Tell him we are going up to Holcomb Valley and we will be there in about 2 hours. Oh and when we hunt the placer we have a machine that will do it for us... And if you like maybe we will just " fly " there and get there faster...I would love to see the expression on the old goats face ( and make sure he doesn't have any firearms with him ) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else feels the same way or am I the only one. Or is there another name that you would use for what you do ? If you could please let me know...

Thx
PLL

thist2.webp
 

Attachments

  • thist2.webp
    thist2.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 396
I'm not into the "politically correct" way of saying things......a garbageman is still a garbageman to me...not an industrial waste technician.

I become proficient at swinging a metal detector for whatever I look for. I'm an Md'er.

I also like local history...so I am also an amature historian. The two go together nicely, don't they?

Al
 
HISTORICAL RELIC RETRIEVER- LIKE THE DOG BUT WITH A DETECTOR- LOL

I'VE BEEN CALLED A LOT WORST, WE WONT GET INTO THAT

ML
 
Wow PLL,
Never thought of putting a name to it. I have 3 gold claims which I found (gold prospector), I still follow old legends of Spanish Mines and look for them (treasure hunter), I use an MD (metal Detector hunter), research old west historical information, love to walk through old ghost towns and think of what was going on when they were thriving with people. The list goes on and on.
I guess Seeker of Historical Knowledge and Artifacts is a good one to cover all of it. I am truely not sure as I really never put a name to what I do. When most people ask I just tell them I am out walking through history and seeing what I can find of the things people have left behind or have forgotten.
Great question and looking forward to other answers..
Minstrel
 
I'm a prospector, rockhounder, detectorist, treasure hunter, dumpster diving redneck, yard sale junky and scrounger. I don't have a name for it. I just do it.
 
Gypsy Heart said:
Historical Researcher and Rust Collector Extraordinaire
Rust collector ROFL maaaaannnn I can relate !!!!!!

PLL
 
Pegleglooker - Are you and I the only ones who have actually voted?????
 
LOL.... no I just put up the poll about 10 minutes ago....

PLL
 
Treasure huntress and /or Muse...feel free to use them interchangeably :wink:
 
I fit into the same area as you. I don't get out as much as I used to but I detect, gold pa, shell and shark teeth hunt. Fosil hunt, gem hunt. Whatever is available. I could blitz that cash and treasures show on the travel channel. Anyone interested in treasure stories are invited to my hubpage at http://hubpages.com/profile/Treasured+Pasts. I'd love to see you there!
 
I call myself a Treasure Hunter. I hunt for that treasure on land and in the water. It can be big or small.....Matt
 
spritch said:
I fit into the same area as you. I don't get out as much as I used to but I detect, gold pa, shell and shark teeth hunt. Fosil hunt, gem hunt. Whatever is available. I could blitz that cash and treasures show on the travel channel. Anyone interested in treasure stories are invited to my hubpage at http://hubpages.com/profile/Treasured+Pasts. I'd love to see you there!
Just joined your hub--invited some more
Thanks
Minstrel
 
I prefer to be called a "professional fine jewelery and precious stone retrieval and recovery technician" :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Ha! In B.S. to English that translates to " a hole diggin freak lookin for loose change" ::) :icon_jokercolor:
 
MetalheadFlorida said:
I prefer to be called a "professional fine jewelery and precious stone retrieval and recovery technician" :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Ha! In B.S. to English that translates to " a hole diggin freak lookin for loose change" ::) :icon_jokercolor:

ROFL!!!!!!
 
Unfortunately, "Battery Waster" isn't one of the options.
 
Archeological numistmatologist.
 
Research and recovery.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom