Are you kidding me!? Wild West Spanish silver!!!?

NICE SILVER COIN THERE DR.TONES.

Great find and quite rare for your location!!! Their out there we've found 2 out west here as well so keep looking.

I realize before I continue typing this message that I'm kicking the dead horse a lil bit as it appears Erik and Tones have a beer date at some point in the future..

BUT.

I'm scratching my head a little bit about the tone of the conversation from the get go, Dr. Tones post something, most people on here know he has his own YT channel and has the Dirt Fishin America thing going (whether they view the videos or not) and yet when he does post something, usually a cool coin or relic, there are what I'll call simply "hater-esque" posts about why he doesn't promote TNET more or spend more time here answering posts about his finds and these posts are in different than the simple disagreement over the "size of the fish story" between Erik and Tones over the possibilities of finding Spanish silver relative to geography.

If there is some sort of implied promotional aspect of this hobby we all enjoy and share our finds with others online, does it really matter whose website gets the credit? It should be about the hobby. (N.B. TNET mods and JeffinPA- I love this site, been here a long time and whenever I do detect if I can find a way to mention the forum I do)

I certainly dont think that because Tones doesnt used the words TNET on his channel specifically that he somehow is snubbing TNET when he posts here...kinda counter intuitive even for those that are not altruistic right?

Back to macro, the possibility of finding spanish silver question/debate/bromance/beers...eh I won't even touch it because however the point is argued, it kinda seems like a debate of diminishing returns (or in this case a definite return in the forum of alcohol amongst friends)

Great thoughts hbeaten. I love tnet. It's a great forum with tons of info on this great hobby. I try my best to be as responsive as possible to all inquiries. I also try to make time to give "ata'boys" to folks on here for making some great finds. From someone's first silver coin to finding a sunken treasure. It's all relative. It's all fun. Simple truth of the matter is, I love the hobby so much, when I'm not digging, I'm editing, working (yes I have a day job) and spending time with my family. I just flat out don't have time to hop on everyday to look around. BUT, I LOVE it when I do have time to check out everyone's awesome stories and finds. It's inspiring and absolutely amazing what turns up out there. You'll see me here more frequently in the winter :icon_thumright:

Great thoughts hbeaten. I love tnet. It's a great forum with tons of info on this great hobby. I try my best to be as responsive as possible to all inquiries. I also try to make time to give "ata'boys" to folks on here for making some great finds. From someone's first silver coin to finding a sunken treasure. It's all relative. It's all fun. Simple truth of the matter is, I love the hobby so much, when I'm not digging, I'm editing, working (yes I have a day job) and spending time with my family. I just flat out don't have time to hop on everyday to look around. BUT, I LOVE it when I do have time to check out everyone's awesome stories and finds. It's inspiring and absolutely amazing what turns up out there. You'll see me here more frequently in the winter :icon_thumright:

Being from So. Utah.(Bryce Canyon) Now living in Idaho. I'm not really shocked you found the reale. After all they were here long before we were. That's how Escalante got its name. Utah was Mexican territory. but I am excited to see that one exists. The difficulty in detecting in So. Utah is that it's not okay in the millions of acres that make up the Staircase national monument. which really stinks since there are several old homesteads in the area. but some of the towns are pretty old (1860's and older) I would think you would find some old coins that the settlers brought with them. Congratulations Dr. Tones.. and I do like your video's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back