What's new

Are You Seated For This?

enamel7

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
6,415
Reaction score
2,551
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my usual 6 boxes on friday. Didn't have time to search them myself, so the wife had the honors. I've found 3 Barbers so far, but this was totally unexpected.

Happy Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • scan0005.webp
    scan0005.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0
See what happens when the better half hunter does the searching. Congrats to you both, HH Mark
 
I have not found a Barber Half yet. Congrats.

Cat
 
WOW, even with the hole she's a beauty, big congrats! Is there a mint mark or did the hole obliterate it?
 
Hi Immy.
Couldn't see one. Good to chat with you again. I've been mostly reading the post lately and not reporting.
I have another coin from the 1800's I will post tomorrow.

Happy Hunting!
 
Super find ... wow your wife musted have been really excited to find a nice gem like that ...congrats , Ed
 
Wow!
Congrats!!!
 
I would have been seated when I found it , then jumping real fast. Nice find.
 
I'm still looking for my first FRANKLIN, much less anything earlier than that.

Nothing earlier than a 1964 in Halves. And 34 skunks in a row. 2 more coming in next week, but I don't do many boxes now. It just doesn't pay. I keep getting a few, in hopes, but 34 in a row REALLY sucks.

(I also get boxes because it ends up getting me loose rolls too. The banks know I want all halves, so when some come in I get them. I HAVE found some silver Kennedy's in that. Just not in the boxes)

Pennies still work best for me. Lots of copper, some wheats, and a rare IH at times.

:-)

J
 
Congratulations to you enamel!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. That is a big time pick up there! Hole in the head or not, it's nice to get a seated. Hell, just imagine who the person was that started drilling the hole, and for what reason was he doing it? There is history behind the hole if you think about it. Gives it some character! He wasn't using a Dewalt to drill that hole! Good luck to ya! Gpurs...
 
Great find E!! It still has alot of detail for a 150 plus year old coin. It still amazes me that coins that old are still being found. Congrats to you and the wife. I am sure she was very excited to pull that one.

I'm still looking for my first Seated.......maybe one day.

Good luck on the next search.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom