jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using antibacterial hand soap makes us less 'manly/womanly'? I've heard it all now.

I can see why they removed it.

Lack of hormones most generally can be traced back to the depletion, or absence, of hormone producing glands, which can result from a plethora of causes, including age. (Since this instance assumes hand washing to be the culprit, I assume some 'hand-ling' of the offended glands was involved to transfer the contaminant? :laughing7: )

Or maybe it's just a psychological phenomenon. Irrational fear.

Regardless, it appears they thought twice about the statement and removed it.

Thanks for the update. :icon_thumright:

No there was an Ingredient they removed

On September 9, 2016, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the incorporation of triclosan and 18 other antimicrobial chemicals from household soap products and the next year prevented companies from using triclosan in over-the-counter health care antiseptic products without premarket review.

The dangers of triclosan (and a related antibacterial chemical, triclocarban) are many. For starters, it's an endocrine disruptor, meaning it interferes with important hormone functions, which can directly affect the brain in addition to our immune and reproductive systems

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/dirt-antibacterial-soaps

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing about masks:

For nearly 50 years now i've been walking into a host of local businesses,

Prominently displayed in many of the front entrances and windows is this sign:

"No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service!"

Not once in the intervening 50 years have i heard anyone claim their freedom's being quashed. It was accepted that it was the right thing to do for the respect and health of others.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a popular opinion but not sure why people freak so much about the virus. We all know the risks to it by now and if you are worried about it you wear your mask or you take your precautions to stay safe. Some of us aren't worried about it. I for one don't trust my homes numbers (USA) on those infected and dying from it first off. I know doctors who are first hand telling me they are doing sketchy things to make the numbers higher then they actually are. Don't expect my word to be taken on that as yes people lie I understand that. But regardless of that whatever happened to personal responsibility? Everyone again knows the risks so if someone is concerned you should take actions upon yourself to protect yourself. I get in certain businesses and places where masks should be worn bo matter what but otherwise I think the rest is up to the individual. Yup I'll get a lot of flak for this but oh well.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to knock the teeth out of a maskless man that walked out of Sam's Club just as my wife was going in with her mask on. Insisting and triggering about his "rights" without acknowledging his responsibilities is not freedom. It's selfish, adolescent idiocy.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF Masks Actually work, Why would someone wearing a mask, Worry about someone Not wearing a Mask a few Feet away from Them ?
Unless they Grab them & lay a Sloppy Lip Lock on their Mask ? or walk around licking everything :dontknow:

I'd Swear Some people Would say they were Being Endangered by the one out of 100 if 99 Had these Masks on
and one not wearing a mask entered the group. If he Sneezed, There would Be strokes all around,
as they scramble for the door climbing over each other :laughing7:

000aaa.jpg

That's What Gets Me.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe i should get a shirt that says ,

I'm Wearing Pants Out of Respect for Others
MY Lack of a Mask is a Peaceful Protest

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
If masks helped prevent the spread of viruses, why have they not been used for decades, every flu season?
We are supposed to believe that all of a sudden, the CDC has decided to confess that they have known all along that masks do work, but never bothered to let the world know until COVID?

The narrative played on our emotions. WE WERE LIED TO & MANIPULATED.
How could they? You think, . . . we’ll me too!

Time to say “enough is enough“ and focus on being productive.
Of course this is just my opinion. How long will some of you pack around a backpack full of rocks, just because someone in a form of authority is hoping to sell you a vaccine, and say once you get the vaccine, you won’t need to carry around the pack of rocks anymore. Maybe. ??????

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If masks helped prevent the spread of viruses, why have they not been used for decades, every flu season?
We are supposed to believe that all of a sudden, the CDC has decided to confess that they have known all along that masks do work, but never bothered to let the world know until COVID?

The narrative played on our emotions. WE WERE LIED TO & MANIPULATED.
How could they? You think, . . . we’ll me too!

Time to say “enough is enough“ and focus on being productive.
Of course this is just my opinion. How long will some of you pack around a backpack full of rocks, just because someone in a form of authority is hoping to sell you a vaccine, and say once you get the vaccine, you won’t need to carry around the pack of rocks anymore. Maybe. ??????

ALWAYS question authority!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Many countries have used them for decades for the flu and other airborne viruses. The world is much bigger then just the US.

The world already knew they worked, they didn't need us to tell them.

WE WERE LIED TO & MANIPULATED.

Yes, we have been lied to and the truth withheld from us from nearly the beginning of the virus reaching the US.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've Seen Whole Japanese Families Except Babies Wearing Masks for years .
Always made Me Think two Things.

Paranoids & The Frailest of all , no immunity built up, who even needs Help to eat, didn't Get one ?

Yet the Babies still grow up Healthy, Then get Frightened into wearing a Mask too ?

more liberal hypocrisy

Fresh Lives Don't Matter ?

Last edited:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Reasons Why You Should Stop Using Antibacterial Soap
  • Antibacterial Soap Contributes to the Rise of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria. ...
  • Antibacterial Soap May Disrupt Hormones. ...
  • Antibacterial Soap May Impair Muscle Function. ...
  • Antibacterial Soap Increases Risk of Allergies. ...
  • Antibacterial Soap is Bad for the Environment. ...
  • Antibacterial Soap Isn't Any More Effective Than Regular Soap.
the red one has supposedly changed i read they removed what was causing that

they can't change this Antibacterial Soap Contributes to the Rise of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria

I'm sure the Environmental one is just Paranoia By EnviroMentalists Because Being Born is
Bad for the Environment if you ask them.

As for Masks I almost Instinctively carry mine in my hand.
sometimes i forget it in my apartment.

but if i see someone here with one on, i put mine on till i pass them.

other then that , if i walk in a business i throw it on over my mouth,
but leave my nose free to blow in the wind, so I can still breathe natural air and get some of that natural IMMUNITY .
I Don't Fear Invisible Boogaboos ! Especially Odorless ones :coffee2:

Of course As I said "When In Rome" I see no mask, I wear No Mask !

If I Forget My Mask, I Take A chance on Being Tackled Or Shot :tongue3:

IF Masks Actually work, Why would someone wearing a mask, Worry about someone Not wearing a Mask a few Feet away from Them ?
Unless they Grab them & lay a Sloppy Lip Lock on their Mask ? or walk around licking everything :dontknow:

I'd Swear Some people Would say they were Being Endangered by the one out of 100 if 99 Had these Masks on
and one not wearing a mask entered the group. If he Sneezed, There would Be strokes all around,
as they scramble for the door climbing over each other :laughing7:

View attachment 1864560

That's What Gets Me.

What gets me, and what I find very interesting about these posts of yours Jeff, is that on one hand (no pun intended) you freely quote Science to justify not using antibacterial handsoap.....yet on the other you condemn the same Science in the regard to their prescribed use of face masks. :icon_scratch:

I wonder, are you familiar with the Psychological term Cognitive Dissonance?

cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance
noun
the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

"In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance occurs when a person holds contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values, and is typically experienced as psychological stress when they participate in an action that goes against one or more of them."

I've observed this same phenomenon being exhibited by the majority of naysayers. It's interesting to watch. The higher the degree of stress, the more adamant they become. :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I Don't see It.

I'm just saying My Opinion Those Who Trust & Use antibacterial soap
Are at most Messing with Natural Immunity.

Those wearing Masks Are Messing with Natural Immunity .

Same Difference :dontknow: Right ? :dontknow:

Just Quoting Science Where they agree With My opinion to show they are the Same Difference : Messing with Natural Immunity :coffee2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again Sorry ! My last Point on this, & I'll try to Bow out, Before I Get in trouble :tongue3:

If a Baby When born Is Raised to 18 Years Old in a Pure Air germ free Bubble.

then all of a sudden walks out of that bubble into the real world.

how long do you think they will live before dying of something they breathed in?

Only a guess, but I say Minutes later they will be choking, & Barfing from the Smell of real air.

no naturally built up immunities to the real world

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, cognitive dissonance. My goodness yes.

I'm curious Ol'Kentuck. If masks are effective at catching droplets that may contain a virus then shouldn't used masks be treated like used hypodermic needles?

Instead I see used masks tossed on the ground in parking lots as if they were used cigarettes. Makes about as much sense as blowing your nose into a rag and then sticking the rag back in your pocket. If people are carrying this virus then the mask the people spit the virus into should be incinerated. Unless you don't beleive in science, then you just stick the virus in your pocket so you can put it on to spread viruses when other people come around.

Cognitive dissonance indeed.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL I Don't see It.

I'm just saying My Opinion Those Who Trust & Use antibacterial soap
Are at most Messing with Natural Immunity.

Those wearing Masks Are Messing with Natural Immunity .

Same Difference :dontknow: Right ? :dontknow:

Just Quoting Science Where they agree With My opinion to show they are the Same Difference : Messing with Natural Immunity :coffee2:

LOL Big Surprise ! The Left is against a Vaccine During the trump administration.
They want to wait & Take Credit.

Sorry I won't read Propaganda Most likely from the Left !

Sorry for the Politics !

but this virus is loaded with Politics !

again Sorry ! My last Point on this, & I'll try to Bow out, Before I Get in trouble :tongue3:

If a Baby When born Is Raised to 18 Years Old in a Pure Air germ free Bubble.

then all of a sudden walks out of that bubble into the real world.

how long do you think they will live before dying of something they breathed in?

Only a guess, but I say Minutes later they will be choking.

no naturally built up immunities to the real world

LOL. You'll wear a blindfold, but not a mask? :tongue3:

There are several reasons you don't see babies with masks. Mainly because it's dangerous to place a mask on a child under the age of 2 years. They may not be able to remove the mask by themselves if breathing becomes obstructed. They could suffocate. Another reason is that they could get parts of the mask in their mouth and choke.

" Don't place a face mask on a child younger than age 2, a child who has any breathing problems, or a child who has a condition that would prevent him or her from being able to remove the mask without help. "

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...ronavirus-in-babies-and-children/art-20484405

" Babies and toddlers under 2 years old shouldn't wear a mask because: They have smaller airways, so breathing through a mask is harder for them. If it's hard for them to breathe and they can't tell anyone or take the mask off by themselves, they could suffocate. "

https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/c...s under 2,by themselves, they could suffocate.

Of course, I won't kid myself and think you will read these. Too much stress. :wink:

Have a Good'un. :icon_thumright:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I don't read Links I think are Propaganda. or common knowledge.
it ain't that Children are too Young for Masks.
my point was they Survive anyway without one .
Or built up immunity.

Don't get Be wrong, I Don't Tell People they Shouldn't wear a Mask or Wash their Hands Continuously If they feel better for it.

I Just want the same respect when I say I Haven't changed my Lifestyle any more then I had to.
to legally avoid arrest. Or thrown out of a Place. if you respect my life, I respect yours .

you have a great one too

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
you must. since you believe everything you read of this fake virus

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure the Environmental one is just Paranoia By EnviroMentalists Because Being Born is
Bad for the Environment if you ask them.

Is there any reason to mock a persons belief of an open forum?
I really thought that all had to really play by the rules.
Then again I guess there is the skirting of the written rules.
Highlighting a section to demean one's beliefs

An environmentalist is:
an expert on environmental problems.
any person who advocates or works to protect the air, water, animals, plants, and other natural resources from pollution or its effects.
a person who believes that differences between individuals or groups, especially in moral and intellectual attributes, are predominantly determined by environmental factors, as surroundings, upbringing, or experience (opposed to hereditarian).

Where is it stated that "
Being Born is
Bad for the Environment if you ask them."

Then again one wonders why some mock others-are the reasons- they don't understand-are afraid basically-or is it simple ignorance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread