Are You Wearing A Mask Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you see any quotes around that line your asking about? No, when I quote rules I use quotes.

What it says is "Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smith are an idiot, would not be acceptable and may be grounds for an instant and permanent ban. Please understand and respect our need to limit our liabilities, and to maintain a friendly atmosphere."

You have any further questions please direct it to a mod via PM per our rules.

Thank you for answering my question to You. I see the portion you omitted when you actually "Quoted the Rules". :wink:

Any further questions I have will be forwarded to the Owners.

Thanks. :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for answering my question to You. I see the portion you omitted when you actually "Quoted the Rules". :wink:

Any further questions I have will be forwarded to the Owners.

Thanks. :icon_thumright:

I was explaining what violates the rules and what does not. A generalization is not an attack on a member, examples: archeologist are crooks, used car salesmen are crooks, lawyers are evil, politicians are narcissists[FONT=Roboto, Helvetica, sans-serif] are all generalizations and do not violate our rules[/FONT][FONT=Roboto, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead Ol'Kentuck and contact them all. They see the post reports anyway. I am sure when they look your name up they will also see a hundred times people have reported and complained about your posting.
They will wonder why we have let you derail every topic you post in. I often wonder myself.

The topic of this thread is "Are your wearing a mask yet?". Yes ,I wear one when I have to. Just came back from the store and stood in line with one on six feet away while the family in front of me with 6 kids had not a single one on.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of idiots in this country and world.

I gotta disagree. It's not that people don't have the mental capacity for critical thinking, it is that the action of thinking critically has been essentially demonized by those claiming intellectual superiority. These same claiming intellectual superiority seem to always find jobs as "public servants", namely public school teachers. We have well educated idiots- the most dangerous type of all kinds of idiots.

"Cause the science says wear a mask"

Oh. What science?

"The data is clear"

You provided no data, measurement, or statistic.

"It's common sense, everybody knows!"

Hmm, I've just come to the reasonable and logical conclusion that you ain't everybody...

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"We have well educated idiots- the most dangerous type of all kinds of idiots."

You nailed it, Duckshot!

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"We have well educated idiots- the most dangerous type of all kinds of idiots."

You nailed it, Duckshot!

Nah, that's just the tip of the train wreck. Those that claim intellectual superiority always resort to claiming moral superiority.

Because if you don't do what their science says, then they say you are a bad person.

Like some dip-Schmitt I ran into the other day. This guy bragged that the dude next to him in the line in the supermarket wasn't wearing a mask and coughed, so he was feeling like punching him out in front of his family and everything. For coughing. Some other people actually seemed to applaud and reinforce his "feelings" by "liking" the post about it.

Freaking mob-mentality. I'm an American. We Americans are bound together by Freedom...

...not by fear.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"You can't live in fear" Johnny Blaze evil.gif

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
“Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and opressions of the body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.”

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and opressions of the body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.”

I like T.J.! But i think a bit o' Paine is more applicable.-

"A long habit of not thinking a thing Wrong gives it the superficial appearance of being Right...."-Common Sense, January 1776

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's rather sad how science has become political. I don't trust science anymore that's how bad it is in my view. It is easy to take data and skew it to get whatever outcome you want. The average Joe doesn't have a background in science so easy to manipulate. It bothers me even with Covid a doctor I've known a long time here in California is so upset with how they are handling the numbers and skewing the data he is considering putting his actual numbers out there knowing his job will be on the line. He actually handles the covid patients and testing here. At least in this area deaths and actual infected numbers are being blown way out of proportion.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Right now, Ontario's communications strategy seems to involve officials pleading with people to practise physical distancing and Ford chastising young people for holding what he calls "wild parties."
Deonandan is concerned there's too much finger-wagging and not enough compassion.
"We're fond of talking about the stick, scolding, deploying the law with criminal penalties," he said. "But we haven't talked about what is in it for people to behave appropriately and what's the incentive to follow the rules."
Ottawa's medical officer of health on Tuesday imposed a strict new order, requiring self-isolation for a wide range of people: anyone who either tests positive for COVID-19, is a close contact of someone who has tested positive; has symptoms of the illness, or is awaiting a test result. The consequence of breaching the order is a fine of up to $5,000 per day.

"We need to find better ways to communicate with people to understand the real risks of COVID, not only for their loved ones, but for themselves as well," said Dr. Andrew Boozary, executive director of health and social policy for Toronto's University Health Network.

Just use common sense-outside 6ft apart. Inside wear a bloody mask-big deal/so what if it takes away a little "freedom" get over it folks.
I treat everything like moist warm raw chicken when out in the world.
Just had a mask/respirator on for 3 days straight working on/in the chicken coop. Did I complain that it was taking away my freedom-no it was common sense to wear protection.
The faster "everyone" in the herd realize that it will take a teams effort to squash the numbers to the point of no return-the faster life will return to
normalcy.

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&]Right now, Ontario's communications strategy seems to involve officials pleading with people to practise physical distancing and Ford chastising young people for holding what he calls "wild parties." [/FONT]
[FONT=&]Deonandan is concerned there's too much finger-wagging and not enough compassion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&]"We're fond of talking about the stick, scolding, deploying the law with criminal penalties," he said. "But we haven't talked about what is in it for people to behave appropriately and what's the incentive to follow the rules." [/FONT]
[FONT=&]Ottawa's medical officer of health on Tuesday imposed a strict new order, requiring self-isolation for a wide range of people: anyone who either tests positive for COVID-19, is a close contact of someone who has tested positive; has symptoms of the illness, or is awaiting a test result. The consequence of breaching the order is a fine of up to $5,000 per day.

"We need to find better ways to communicate with people to understand the real risks of COVID, not only for their loved ones, but for themselves as well," said Dr. Andrew Boozary, executive director of health and social policy for Toronto's University Health Network.

Just use common sense-outside 6ft apart. Inside wear a bloody mask-big deal/so what if it takes away a little "freedom" get over it folks.
I treat everything like moist warm raw chicken when out in the world.
Just had a mask/respirator on for 3 days straight working on/in the chicken coop. Did I complain that it was taking away my freedom-no it was common sense to wear protection.
The faster "everyone" in the herd realize that it will take a teams effort to squash the numbers to the point of no return-the faster life will return to [/FONT]normalcy.

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Benjamin Franklin knew what "fear" would produce and stated it well.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service has never been an issue, so why is No Mask No Service a problem for some?!?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted for politics. This is not the politics forum, posts on politics belong only in our politics forum.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Benjamin Franklin knew what "fear" would produce and stated it well.

What liberty have I given up to wear a mask?
Beyond the liberty of hacking phlegm on another citizen , I'm able to go about my life as ever.

Did I give up liberty after many years of going barefoot all summer to now have to wear shoes in a store? No.

A society has sanitation rules for the welfare of the whole , as well as the individual.
Balance is where it is an equal concern.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
It's like this. If your friend brings his toddler to your house without a diaper or pants on, he's gonna pee all over me, the friend, the furniture and the floor. If you put a diaper or britches on them, they only pee on themselves. I'll wear my mask and not pee on you. Please wear a mask and not pee on me. Good luck.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How bout you just keep your kid out of my house?

I tell you what, I will carry a squirt gun. If you get within rage of me I will shoo you away by hosing you down. You will know it's me and you need to stay away when you see me in my hockey mask.

If a business I want to do business with wants me to wear a virus mask on their property, fine. But if you want to force me to wear a mask then I want to social distance. Steer a wide berth, I don't want masked strangers within a pistol shot of me.

Beavertail

Nov 24, 2013
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, minelab equinox 800, e-trac,xterra 305, xterra 705, coiltek wot 7.5-18.75 kHz.
I do not and will not wear a mask. I’m at no risk from the crap. The way I look at it is God made us to where we build our immunities. Can’t do that in a mask. Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread