Not open for further replies.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said to explain it further would turn political and can be done so in our politics forum. I think over all it has been handled pretty well to date by administration. .

We don't need to bring politics into it at all. A virus doesn't care what your political leanings are.

In your posts you bring up size, both population and density.

China, not an island, 1.3 billion people. 396 people per square mile. Ground zero of the pandemic. National plan implemented and followed:

85,000 infected
Active Cases 191
4,364 Deaths

USA: Population 274 million people. 93 people per sq. mile. Not united behind a national plan:

Infected 7,400,000
Active Cases 2,800,000
Deaths 210,835

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, China has never lied to us before. Nobody that is a communist could be a bad person...

:laughing7:

Seriously GoDeep, when is forcing people though act of legislation NOT political? Because government does not accomplish anything without using force.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, China has never lied to us before. Nobody that is a communist could be a bad person...

:laughing7:

Seriously GoDeep, when is forcing people though act of legislation NOT political? Because government does not accomplish anything without using force.

Thank you, i was hoping someone would call that out. Almost Without fail, those who claim China's numbers are too low, claim the US's are too high. It show's we dismiss any information that contradicts our narrative. It's a form of confirmation bias. We seek out information that confirms our narrative and attack any that may contradict it.

Many think its way overblown period, until you bring up China, numbers that hurt their narrative that the US hasn't done a good job combating it, then suddenly it's way underreported in China and caused unprecedented death they are covering up. Meanwhile, in the US, the numbers are high, which also doesn't fit their overblown narrative, so they claim we are forging the numbers, that they don't know anyone who has it and it's way overblown.

They literally want to have it both ways.

Just an interesting observation i've noticed....

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now that we've gotten China out of the way. Lets get back to the New Zealand being only 5 million with low population density. It was implied that we can't get the virus under control because we are too big and New Zealand was so small with low population density. So lets compare us to another major industrialized nation:

Japan: Population: 126 Million. 894 people per square mile (9 times the USA) United behind a national plan:

Infected: 81,000
Active cases: 7,000
Dead:1564

USA: Population 274 million people. 93 people per sq. mile. Not united behind a national plan:

Infected 7,400,000
Active Cases 2,800,000
Deaths 210,835

Even if we allow that some countries have fudged numbers up or down a bit, it is clear, the USA has done one of the worst jobs at managing the virus. The comments in this thread show how un-united we are and as a result, we are suffering economically, socially and personally.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You actually believe the numbers from the Communist leaders of one of the most repressive countries in the world? The CIA has been warning the White House for over 6 months the China stats are way under reported.

China is a communist country who can lock down entire cities letting no one enter or leave, we cant do the same. I would never support a city lockdown.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/us/politics/cia-coronavirus-china.amp.html

Thankyou too, for bringing this up, it was intentional to bring up a point, see my reply 2 posts back.

Edit: For the record, yes, i believe China massively covered up their death toll.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Worst job managing virus"

Oh.

Who's job is that anyways?

We the people, with the help of and leadership of, our elected officials. (in a perfect world at any rate).

Funny, i lost a Great Uncle, David Scherf, US Marine Corp, invading a Japanese stronghold in the south pacific, Peleliu Island, where he was shot by the Japanese and died two days later.

My Grandpa (David's father), told me stories about WWII and how the country sacrificed so much and united behind a common enemy in WWII. He talked about how they gave up driving (you weren't allowed to drive if you didn't have a express need and were issued gas stamps), how they gave up food so it could go to troops abroad. How they couldn't run lights and appliances at night to conserve energy and how to keep blackouts in effect. How they gave up any spare metal machinery they had to help recycle iron for tanks and ships. How they gave up going out, movies, entertainment, money, food and possessions and were happy to do so!

Nowadays, we've become a bunch of spoiled, entitled, selfish individuals. Everything is wrapped up in "freedom", but it's really not about freedom (see my "no shoes, no shirt, no service argument), it's about entitlement, political rally cries and me, me, me. We've become a bunch of snowflakes.

Here's a picture of my Great Uncle, David Scherf, US Marine Corp. He sent home an engraved (David engraved it with his name) Japanese Carbine he captured from a dead Japanese soldier from an earlier island they cleared. My Grandpa received it the same time he received notice of his son's death. I now own that Japanese rifle. I'll post later pictures of it.

Divided we fall indeed.

david.jpg
david2.jpg

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are darn right I am an individual, and I don't think you understand the snowflake reference at all-

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3CnryN0_bvY

Individuals practice individual responsibility, not some mythical collective responsibility which does not exist. The perception of so called collective responsibility is achieved through individual actions, not choreographed by the oligarchy. I'm individually accountable for my actions only, not your actions. In fact I refuse to be held accountable for anyone's action other than my own.

That's how Freedom works.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are darn right I am an individual, and I don't think you understand the snowflake reference at all-

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3CnryN0_bvY

Individuals practice individual responsibility, not some mythical collective responsibility which does not exist. The perception of so called collective responsibility is achieved through individual actions, not choreographed by the oligarchy. I'm individually accountable for my actions only, not your actions. In fact I refuse to be held accountable for anyone's action other than my own.

Eloquently written, but are you being purposely obtuse? It seems more you subscribe to Libertarian Anarchism.

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
You actually believe the numbers from the Communist leaders of one of the most repressive countries in the world? The CIA has been warning the White House for over 6 months the China stats are way under reported.

China is a communist country who can lock down entire cities letting no one enter or leave, we cant do the same. I would never support a city lockdown.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/us/politics/cia-coronavirus-china.amp.html

Is everybody forgetting about the 2 million Chinese deaths in Wuhan.
Was that COVID, or 5G

This IS the issue. Is it not?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eloquent, but just your opinion of how freedom works or should work for you.

No, it's not just my opinion. Read the founding document of this country.

What does it say, GoDeep?

ETA, you might need to rethink about altering your posts after I quote them. And, if you are going to alter posts after you post them I will continue to quote you, because we all need to be accountable and accept the consequences of our individual actions. Don't we now?

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it's not just my opinion. Read the founding document of this country.

What does it say, GoDeep?

It says your views are more in line with anarchism, not the constitution....

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how the no shirt no shoes no service is brought up here but technically would be irrelevant. That goes for a business regulation as to them choosing how to operate said business. This is not equivalent to being forced to wear mask in public say outside. Had to bring this up as read it mentioned in another comment here.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how the no shirt no shoes no service is brought up here but technically would be irrelevant. That goes for a business regulation as to them choosing how to operate said business. This is not equivalent to being forced to wear mask in public say outside. Had to bring this up as read it mentioned in another comment here.

Then you've literally missed the entire point of my argument.

Last edited:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next China could easily lie about their numbers being as low as they are as easily as we could be over blowing ours. There are reason they could under count theirs vs us over counting. Them under counting because it originated from there so they try to make it look not as bad us over counting could be linked to political gains.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says your views are more in line with anarchism, not the constitution....

No. The constitutions of the U.S. did not create this country. The Declaration of Indepedence did. If you want to interpret the constitution outside of the founding principles of our Declaration of Independence, then you could shoehorn in all manner of crazy shtuff.

What's that declaration say, GoDeep?

I don't think you understand anarchism either.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ETA, you might need to rethink about altering your posts after I quote them. And, if you are going to alter posts after you post them I will continue to quote you, because we all need to be accountable and accept the consequences of our individual actions. Don't we now?

Not according to you. You're a walking contradiction. But then again, I was never good at recognizing others sarcasm...

In fact I refuse to be held accountable for anyone's action other than my own.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not according to you. You're a walking contradiction. But then again, I was never good at recognizing others sarcasm...

Im starting to believe that you ain't too good at recognizing anything. What is the exact nature of the contradiction you say you see? If you can't articulate it than you are going to have to retract that statement- unless you don't care about your credibility.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you understand anarchism either.

Perhaps not, but i don't think you do either. I'm not saying you are one, i'm saying some of the views you've espoused align with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread