Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, please keep it civil, this is not the politics forum.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next China could easily lie about their numbers being as low as they are as easily as we could be over blowing ours. There are reason they could under count theirs vs us over counting. Them under counting because it originated from there so they try to make it look not as bad us over counting could be linked to political gains.

Definitely possible and good points.

Don't get me wrong, I added a caveat later to clarify, i too think China is underreporting, big time in fact. But on the flip, i don't think the United States is fraudulently inflating their numbers either.

My point was simply that i've seen many a time people arguing the virus is an overblown "hoax", only to to about face when confronted with China's numbers, they suddenly claim China has massively underreported their corona virus deaths, which is antithetical to their original claim.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An accusation was made by GoDeep and it is appears baseless. I'm gave him the chance to explain his actions and he chose not to take advantage of it. No worries, he dismissed himself. Or is that herself? No matter.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virus is real, the question is not is it real but rather is it man made and does it justify shutting our economy and country down. I dont believe so, I also believe our numbers are manipulated, too many instances of the numbers being wrong. Known fact that positive numbers are way off and many deaths were not a direct result of covid.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely possible and good points.

Don't get me wrong, I added a caveat later to clarify, i too think China is underreporting, big time in fact. But on the flip, i don't think the United States is fraudulently inflating their numbers either.

My point was simply that i've seen many a time people arguing the virus is an overblown "hoax", only to to about face when confronted with China's numbers, they suddenly claim China has massively underreported their corona virus deaths, which is antithetical to their original claim.
I definitely don't think it is a hoax but also don't think it is as bad as people claim either. Yes it spreads easier but beyond that it can do what any other virus has the possibility of doing only difference is again the easy spread. I can name of a bunch of people who caught the virus and where absolutely fine, yes I know people can die from it but still highly unlikely you'll die from it. I also don't think anything we do will eliminate the virus it will run it course and mutate like other viruses it isn't going anywhere and I'm sure like other virus will pop up in places it was "controlled in". I think we should also still be responsible and careful. Like I don't care for the whole mask thing but will wear it in areas I know where there are at risk people and I avoid close contact with my grandmother because I am out and about a lot. A lot comes down to just being reasonable.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still going to say this post should be removed. We've all had time to speak we all made our points. We know where we stand nothing will change. Politics are unfortunate intertwined in this due to how divided things are in this day and age. I don't think this is healthy for this community. Note hope it doesn't come off as trying to shutdown speech as definitely not my intention in suggesting it should be taken down but more to just keep the community peaceful. I will also note many have done a wonderful job at being civil despite having different view points. Still I think at this point it will just end up toxic. Just my opinion though and also not a hit against the original poster at all.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other

Individuals practice individual responsibility, not some mythical collective responsibility which does not exist. The perception of so called collective responsibility is achieved through individual actions, not choreographed by the oligarchy. I'm individually accountable for my actions only, not your actions. In fact I refuse to be held accountable for anyone's action other than my own.

That's how Freedom works.

Interesting. Yes, indeed.

So.... WHO are You accountable TO?

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Virus is real, the question is not is it real but rather is it man made and does it justify shutting our economy and country down. I dont believe so, I also believe our numbers are manipulated, too many instances of the numbers being wrong. Known fact that positive numbers are way off and many deaths were not a direct result of covid.

Nope. The question was and is "Are you wearing a mask yet?"

Yes, the Virus is Real. And it's airborne. The question was aimed at what you are doing to help prevent the spread; ie., wearing a mask.

At this point we've heard every excuse in the book for not wearing a mask. I think most of us are tired of excuses. It's going to take Action to control the spread.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a pertinent question Ol' Kentuck. I am accountable to both God and Man, but only in that order.

Now let me ask you something- Who's your hero? If your hero is the mask, you might be disappointed.

Since both Politics and Religion are proscribed here, they won't be addressed in my reply. And "who my hero is" is off topic, and a pointless question.

That leaves your accountability to Man. Correct?

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im starting to believe that you ain't too good at recognizing anything. What is the exact nature of the contradiction you say you see? If you can't articulate it than you are going to have to retract that statement- unless you don't care about your credibility.

Let me explain the contradiction. My overall impression of your worldview is that you are accountable to no one but yourself and the good lord above so to speak. (i realize you may not be religious). If that's even partly true, the inverse is true, you believe others are also self accountable , and it isn't your place to be trying to hold them accountable. In point of fact you state:

I'm individually accountable for my actions only, not your actions. In fact I refuse to be held accountable for anyone's action other than my own.

Here in I find the contradiction: you've several times now tried to hold me accountable. Sure, your rebuttal will no doubt be something in the lines of "no, i'm just giving you the opportunity to self account". That dog don't hunt with me.

You first intervened here, trying to hold me accountable, and white knighting for JVA5th, who later explained he can fight his own battles :

Go Deep, JVA5th already told you he does not want to disclose the doctor, and he shouldn't.

Quit acting like a Dick Tracy.

Then you tried to hold me accountable here by making me explain to you, at risk of losing my "credibility" presumably, if i don't:

What is the exact nature of the contradiction you say you see? If you can't articulate it than you are going to have to retract that statement- unless you don't care about your credibility.

Then you finish it off with another personal call, even inserting yourself first person into the accountability role with a call that you, yourself "gave me a chance" :

An accusation was made by GoDeep and it is appears baseless. I'm gave him the chance to explain his actions and he chose not to take advantage of it.

Truth is, i recognize when i'm not the smartest man in the room, but I also recognize a bully when i see one, as i'm a bit of a bully myself and you're a good debater, no doubt about it. But looking through your post history, you aren't a guy who stands by on the sideline, despite your overall individualism mantra.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me explain the contradiction. My overall impression of your worldview is that you are accountable to no one but yourself and the good lord above so to speak. (i realize you may not be religious). If that's even partly true, the inverse is true, you believe others are also self accountable , and it isn't your place to be trying to hold them accountable. In point of fact you state:

Here in I find the contradiction: you've several times now tried to hold me accountable. Sure, your rebuttal will no doubt be something in the lines of "no, i'm just giving you the opportunity to self account". That dog don't hunt with me.

You first intervened here, trying to hold me accountable, and white knighting for JVA5th, who later explained he can fight his own battles :

Then you tried to hold me accountable here by making me explain to you, at risk of losing my "credibility" presumably, if i don't:

Then you finish it off with another personal call, even inserting yourself first person into the accountability role with a call that you, yourself "gave me a chance" :

Truth is, i recognize when i'm not the smartest man in the room, but I also recognize a bully when i see one, as i'm a bit of a bully myself and you're a good debater, no doubt about it. But looking through your post history, you aren't a guy who stands by on the sideline, despite your overall individualism mantra.

Cognitive Dissonance. :wink:

Amazing to watch, isn't it? :icon_thumright:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think you know what the word inverse means either. I told you already, I am accountable to both, but God always comes first.

Second, are you not trying to hold me accountable now, Man?

You sound fragile.

You realize that Inaction is an Action in itself....right?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah sure, and yesterday a cop told me I made a rolling stop at a stop sign. "Well?" I asked her, was I rolling or did I stop?"

She did not answer.

Edited to add, try to find something that is not in motion. Can't be done. Even the chair you are sitting on appears motionless but the electrons are spinning all around.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you know what the word inverse means either. I told you already, I am accountable to both, but God always comes first.

Second, are you not trying to hold me accountable now, Man?

You sound fragile.

Deflection. I never claimed i wouldn't hold anyone to account.

You sound insecure.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do I now?

Gee, I don't feel insecure. Are we all quite sure you are not projecting your emotions onto me?

What you did GoDeep was to try to employ moral relativism. Did not work. I never claimed I wouldn't hold anyone accountable either. What I said is that I wouldn't hold others accountable for my actions.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you know what the word inverse means either..

Calling out my incorrect use of the word "inverse"? When you've reached a level so low you're becoming the grammar police to deflect, well, just best to quit while your ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread