Area Dirty-0ne coughs up a Silver Finally (Its a Barber!!!)

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Area Dirty-0ne coughs up a Silver Finally (It's a Barber!!!)

Hey all,
Hope everyone was able to get out this past weekend and do some playin' in the dirt.

Went out to Area Dirty-One with Greg on Sunday and tried our luck being the rain had came through and saturated the ground. Man it certainly makes a difference when it has moisture in it, but at this particular spot the moles have tunneled it so much, that diggin is fairly easy anyways.
I got a nice solid 46 Con reading on the E-Trac and yelled over to Greg that I was about to pull a nice silver quarter, but he just sat on the tailgate eating his lunch and completely ignoring me. I seen the Eagle side of the coin and carefully plucked it from the plug and skipped happily across the lot to show him what I had found. The quarter still had a clod of dirt on the face of the coin, so we had no idea what it was until I poured some water on it. The dirt clod just floated off revealing what I had found. 1899 Barber Quarter with a scar on her face. Now I know what you're thinking, you scratched it, but I can honestly say and having Greg as my witness that the scratch was there when the dirt floated off of it.

Also pulled a Buffalo nickle just a few feet away from the Barber (1918?), 1945-S War Nickle, and a 1940 Wheatie. Oh and I almost forgot, my first pocket knife. Excuse the photo quality of the assorted finds as it was taken with a cheap camera. Cheap camera= crappy photo's.

Greg got the spankin' this time, but he has pulled some nice coins out of this spot recently.

Photo's include the junk that I dug as well.

HH

DJH

Attachments

• 8-23-09 Asst. Finds.JPG
    8-23-09 Asst. Finds.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 223
  • 1899 Barber Quarter & Buffalo Nickle 001.jpg
    1899 Barber Quarter & Buffalo Nickle 001.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 228

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Re: Area Dirty-0ne coughs up a Silver Finally (It's a Barber!!!)

Hot Damn DJH! It's about time area dirty-one coughed up some goods...and what beauties!

No, I don't have squat to post--haven't been out:(

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vibes said:
Hot Damn DJH! It's about time area dirty-one coughed up some goods...and what beauties!

No, I don't have squat to post--haven't been out:(

Slacker ;D

Hubby must be catching a lot of fish, keeping you busy cleaning and cooking them Huh?

Still no word on the owner of the class ring? If not, finders keepers

HH
DJH

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

That's Ms Slacker :P

yes, I try to make sure my man is happy...it's my mission in life. I live to wash, clean and filet fish for him.

(are you buying ANY of that???) ::)

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vibes said:
That's Ms Slacker :P

yes, I try to make sure my man is happy...it's my mission in life. I live to wash, clean and filet fish for him.

(are you buying ANY of that???) ::)

A good trained woman is hard to come by :laughing7: but no I don't believe any of that at all

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

Oh, about the class ring...haven't heard a word...nutin'

You guys goin' out this weekend? Yeah, yeah I know the it's suppose to rain...but I'm hoping for a bit of a break and get out around town.

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vibes said:
Oh, about the class ring...haven't heard a word...nutin'

You guys goin' out this weekend? Yeah, yeah I know the it's suppose to rain...but I'm hoping for a bit of a break and get out around town.
Well it looks like the class ring is gold in your pocket. I think that you have exhausted enough of my research ;D on this one (JK)
Not sure what the plans are for this weekend. Might have to give Gordy a call and see what the forecast looks like. Actually, we may invade Michigan sometime, but not sure what day or when.
Hope you get to dig in the dirt this weekend.
Later
DJH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread