Arickaree, Washington Co., Colorado

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Not sure whether this should be placed here. Going through my treasure cross-reference index, and found 2 citations for Arickaree, Colorado, located in Washington County. Both were in Western Treasures (Western and Eastern Treasures?). One article from May, 1977 issue on page 50; and one from the November, 1981 issue, p. 23.

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tuberale said:
Not sure whether this should be placed here. Going through my treasure cross-reference index, and found 2 citations for Arickaree, Colorado, located in Washington County. Both were in Western Treasures (Western and Eastern Treasures?). One article from May, 1977 issue on page 50; and one from the November, 1981 issue, p. 23.

I was in that area Spring 2011, and the terrain is not really easy to detect.

Maybe flood waters, wind and sandy soil have layed down a few inches or more of soil. Very flat features with few indications of civilization. Foundations etc are buried. Did find some junk turned up in a field, but nothing significant.

The three town killers in the plains are Tornados, prarie fires and floods. And they can all happen in the same year. Using Google Earth there are a few likely home sites visible, but mostly far from an access road or being farmed. A GPS is required unless you have time to spend backing down deadend roads.
BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions