What's new

Arizona territory forts

Justbent

Full Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2013
Messages
241
Reaction score
154
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
There are remains of a fort just north of Phoenix

Anyone have any info on it or anyone been there?
 
reading_01.gif
Until someone pipes in - you might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Ya I did that first but got nowhere
 
So went out to the territorial fort remains and found a bunch of lead. I found 1 musket ball I think and a square nail.
 
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Here's a list (complete or not, I don't know) of AZ Territorial Forts:
Arizona Forts
Fort Apache
Fort Barrett
Fort Bowie
Fort Crittendon
Fort Date Creek
Fort Defiance, Arizona
Fort Grant, Arizona
Fort Huachuca
Fort Lowell
Fort McDowell
Fort Mohave
Fort Naco
Presidios in Arizona (Spanish)
Fort Rucker, Arizona
Fort Thomas, Arizona
Fort Verde State Historic Park
Fort Whipple, Arizona


By using Google, you might soon discover the name of the fort you have visited.
Don.......
 
arizona did NOT have many forts as people understand...camps were the common...camp verde is an example...was only a fort after the military had left the ao...

i grew up in arizona, am not familiar with any fort above phoenix.
 
I don't see anything that is "just north" of Phoenix but you can find some information of others in the area at Fortwiki.
 
It just off Table Mesa Rd, east of 17. There are rows of stones. I saw it on Google maps and the pics about it said it was a fort. So it's gotta be true, right?
 

Attachments

  • image-3342336171.webp
    image-3342336171.webp
    107.5 KB · Views: 186
This is the view from the moon
 

Attachments

  • image-1554659977.webp
    image-1554659977.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 203
cool..i bet the site is native american...need to check out the trash dump..

i do not believe the U. S. military ever structures in this area...
 
I went back today. Nothin but lead. Nice day for a walk in the desert tho
 

Attachments

  • image-3636861460.webp
    image-3636861460.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 184
Lead removal
 

Attachments

  • image-3127111364.webp
    image-3127111364.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 208
Had a look in GE.Cool find. Wonder what it was.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom