ARPA, state regs and the many layers

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
All mean that you cannot enter into contract with a landowner to pursue an (potentially) illegal activity. It's why no typical investor will put up money as well. I wouldn't want anything on paper to incriminate myself!

Best to approach each endeavor as an individual venture, do the blood-brother handshake or whatever with the landowner, and advise them of the risks faced by all. Keep in mind that there will be no legal arbitration if the landowner wants to keep it all! Bad mojo is always hanging around. Here in Texas the state will take what you find in a heartbeat! Elsewhere is no different I'm sure but I only know Texas.

This is what happens when we allow regulations set forth by special interest groups to have the binding effect of law on all of us. Are the Archie's ever gonna look for those treasures? No. Will they let you do the work, take the credit and ruin your life over it? Hell yes they will. Notice I said 'we allow'. There can only be two ways to settle this-the more attractive being to run it all the way up the flagpole to the Supreme Court and take your chances! BTW-you probably can't get any investors interested in such an endeavor. Just sayin!

Hence, the attitude that we are all looters. At least we don't dig up the dead and put their skeletons on display.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread