What's new

Arrowhead hunting in Southern PA/Northern DE

soakednova

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Delaware
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone! Anyone gone hunting in Southern PA/Northern DE? If so anyone care to help a newbie out? I've just started arrowhead hunting the past couple of weeks, and have only found two so far. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow though, it rained all day today. Anyways, any help would be appreciated!
 
Upvote 0
I am not from your area but welcome to the forum...I joined just a few months ago and have found it full of wonderful people with excellent knowledge...2 is a good start!
 
Thanks, I've visited this website a few times over the years and finally decided to join, and everyone here is so knowledgable and welcoming. Happy hunting!
 
Welcome aboard
 
Hey Soaked-
I'm in your general area. You are surrounded by stuff- and if you've already found two, you're doing great. Tenacity is the name of the game, so be prepared to spend a lot of time 'enjoying the great out-of-doors' and not to freak out if you hit a dry spell. They can go on for weeks... I'd check out any fresh waterway- try a little creek-walking- or get permission to hunt a field. Field hunting and water hunting are 2 very different things, and you'll need to 'train' your eye to be selective for each environment. That said, water is always your friend. After a good rain, check fields. After a storm, check the sand bars or wash-up areas of streams, rivers and creeks- as well as places where there are signs of erosion. If there's a nice rise above a creek/river/stream- and a flat area suitable for camping- and either sandy and/or dry, you'll be on the right track. Depending on where in DE you are... there are places along waterways where they've cut highways in- around the Dover area. Not a bad idea to check 'em out. Good luck and Happy Hunting!
Yakker
 
Thanks for the tips! Glad to see a fellow Delawarean in this thread. Happy hunting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom