What's new

Arrowhead Hunting in Vernal Utah

John5280

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 19, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver CO.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to take my kids on a trip to Vernal Utah. Any suggestions of where we could poke around for some artifacts, arrowheads and the like?

Any help would be great.
John
 
Upvote 0
go east on 40 out of Vernal and south on 64...look for dry washes and poke around....most likely BLM or private ranch land however...
 
Welcome to the site John. Any chance of seeing some you might already have in your collection?
 
Not much, but it's a start. My 5 year old triplet boys and I have really caught the bug. image.webp
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 215
Hey there,
I added the picture of the couple that I have. Found a new one today that's not in there.
 
when I used to hunt the desert I figured to find one a day just wandering...they can be anywhere, no rhyme nor reason, but they are more likely in ravines, dry washes, and seasonal lake beds.
 
Thanks for posting those. If you found them with your sons they will be something to frame for future memories.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom