Gavinsdiscoveries

Dec 8, 2017
SE Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone and happy Sunday!
I recently discovered something astonishing! In late March, I was measuring trees to identify their age. While I was measuring a 110 year old tulip popular tree, I looked down to see what I originally thought was a broken mason jar cap. I was so wrong! I saw that it was triangular and suddenly recognized it as a Native American arrowhead! I photographed exactly where I found it and took the latitude and longitude coordinates to record the discovery. At the time of the discovery, I knew that the Lenni-Lenape tribe was the prominent tribe of this area. ( Southeastern Pennsylvania) I picked up the arrowhead and observed that it was made of Quartz and is very thin. That would take some careful knapping! After researching the tribe, I noted that most of the Lenni-Lenape tribe and nearby tribes came to an end in the 1800s. I compared pictures of similar arrowheads and I believe I have found a yadkin point! I'm assuming that is from the late Woodland period, but I may be incorrect. If anyone has any information on it, please don't hesitate to post. I am just an avid collector and researcher of local history. Thanks!

IMG_8532.JPG

IMG_8533.JPG

IMG_8534.JPG

IMG_8535.JPG

I'll send measurements shortly.
Thank You!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice little triangle!! It's older than tribes. Post over on the North American Indian artifacts forum.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread