What's new

Artifact, but whats the story on it?

jr.nation88

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
27
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
This was found while wading a creek in SE Missouri. It looks to be a tool of some type but would be interested in maybe finding a bit more information on it. I am sure there are a few experts or two on here that can shed some light!!
 

Attachments

  • tool 001.webp
    tool 001.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 772
  • tool 002.webp
    tool 002.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 768
  • tool 003.webp
    tool 003.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 768
  • tool 004.webp
    tool 004.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 770
  • tool 005.webp
    tool 005.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 759
  • tool 001.webp
    tool 001.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 761
  • tool 002.webp
    tool 002.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 752
  • tool 003.webp
    tool 003.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 770
  • tool 004.webp
    tool 004.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 771
  • tool 005.webp
    tool 005.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 767
Upvote 0
Old Digger, I am only two years into this great adventure of AIA. I have found several large knives similar to your BEAUTIFUL knife pictured, however mine are all partials broken/chipped likely by the plow. These large pieces give me hope that ONE will be out there still in tact. Thanks for sharing yours with us! Spook1959
 
thanks guys for all the info. I'm learning alot and have been sharing the info with my students as well, a learning experience for all!

It was stated to put up some more pics, but what else that I do not already have?
 
Heres one i have that has a very pointed tip and about 13 inches long this is a mid western artifact not sure of the exact local it was in a collection I recieved from a friend
 

Attachments

  • 2009 artifacts comp 007.webp
    2009 artifacts comp 007.webp
    21 KB · Views: 579
Mill Creek spade. Really a cool find. I would have said it's a Missisippian artifact and not Archaic, but I'm 98% an idiot so I probably wouldn't listen to me.

Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom