What's new

Artifact? Geofact? Fossil? D..none of the above??

jeramme

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
146
Golden Thread
0
Location
MN
I was impressed with the response I got from my first post...so returning to the great oracle of wisdom...I found this (rock) while hunting for relics and fossils down by the Mississippi river. I thought it might be a fossilized turtle shell, but the museum people said..."This rock has no structures that suggest shell or skin. It is also very soft and easy to carve. It may have been worked." Wondering what you all think? Thanks for your help!!!

Quote of the day..." Is there not honor in making everyone else look more intelligent?"
 

Attachments

  • Turtle Fossil.webp
    Turtle Fossil.webp
    130.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Turtle Fossil 2.webp
    Turtle Fossil 2.webp
    95.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Turtle Fossil Bottom.webp
    Turtle Fossil Bottom.webp
    226.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Turtle Fossil back.webp
    Turtle Fossil back.webp
    111.8 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
I have also.. it appears to be sediment that filled in the negative space of something with that patern and solidified.
Figuring out what might be challenging.
 
septarian nodule boom
 
Oh, right, a septarian nodule boom. I was gonna say that.
 
Hi Guys, I`m new member of this forum.
I found some septarian nodules, some contain some kind of a strange black metal?
Do you know what kind of metal can be found in septarian nodules?
 
Hi Guys, I`m new member of this forum.
I found some septarian nodules, some contain some kind of a strange black metal?
Do you know what kind of metal can be found in septarian nodules?

Its better to introduce your self on your own thread. Then ask your question. Welcome, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom