What's new

Artifact or geofact! I dont know thats a fact!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
I didn't get to go out today so figured we could play a game of artifact or geofact. Because, I don't know and that's a fact. In other words, help! Here it goes

image-4066718885.webp



image-1821282986.webp

Item 1. Possible hoe.( my ex proven)

image-1613809328.webp



image-1410004753.webp



image-1297446669.webp



image-2163720232.webp



image-4160129493.webp



image-3516847585.webp

Items 2&3. Possible weapon

image-2965314346.webp



image-998184460.webp



image-1234974726.webp



image-3839153158.webp

Item 4. Possible small war club or spade

image-2753555816.webp



image-86714346.webp



image-183214742.webp

Item5. Possible hand spade or odd hafted tool. All contestants will be awarded with my sincere thanks, unless you you hurt my feelings. At that point prizes are susceptible to change!! Thanks guys!!
 
Upvote 0
I don't see any evidence of any flaking, polish, or use wear on any of them so I say all are natural stones or geofacts.
 
Geofact probably, maybe, could be, I'm not sure, yes it is...
 
The Grim Reaper said:
I don't see any evidence of any flaking, polish, or use wear on any of them so I say all are natural stones or geofacts.

Thanks Reap. I have had these for a long time and need to get them out of my closet. For some reason I can't help but let shape and my own innovative mind turn them to tools. You guys may not see it yet, but you have all helped me put an end to this old habit. I leave more things where they belong now (in the field). Bare with me and these geofact post will end. I know it's frustrating, it is to me. Thanks once again
 
Ha... good post Rusty
 
austin said:
Geofact probably, maybe, could be, I'm not sure, yes it is...

10-4 got ya. Thanks for input!! Happy hunting.
 
I honestly do not see any man made working on your pieces. Sorry!
 
old digger said:
I honestly do not see any man made working on your pieces. Sorry!

No need to be sorry. I need the truth so I will know to put them out in my pile. I think I may have a pile visible from outer space already! Thanks digger for your voice. It helps me discard junk.
 
No need to be sorry. I need the truth so I will know to put them out in my pile. I think I may have a pile visible from outer space already! Thanks digger for your voice. It helps me discard junk.

Not only will the truth set you free but your house will weigh less.:laughing7: I had a river cobble about 30 years ago. It was all scratched up and looked just like the head on an indian with a full feather headdress carved on it. I took it to a local expert and All I can say he was very kind to me and we remained friends until he passed away.Some days everything become something but when you hit on that one good item the rest just falls away.
 
Tnmountains said:
Not only will the truth set you free but your house will weigh less.:laughing7: I had a river cobble about 30 years ago. It was all scratched up and looked just like the head on an indian with a full feather headdress carved on it. I took it to a local expert and All I can say he was very kind to me and we remained friends until he passed away.Some days everything become something but when you hit on that one good item the rest just falls away.

I should be flat ashamed but I have 2 pieces that look like an Indian head to me. They were outside and will go right back, but I had to show you. I guess when we want something so bad, we creat it. I'm working on that. I'm glad I found this site or I may have wound up on that hoarding show. Hoarding rocks is ridiculous. Here they are. Just for fun..

image-1416151678.webp



image-579334806.webp



image-3655697623.webp



image-2119825922.webp

Well, back to the patio for these two old fellas!Lol!
 
Yeah I see them. Train your eyes to look for just one thing. Worked by man. I look for the small things first every thing else is bigger.
 
hey rusty
as a friend i need to tell you:
it does not help you to post rocks......and it does not help this site either
 
larson1951 said:
hey rusty
as a friend i need to tell you:
it does not help you to post rocks......and it does not help this site either

True Larson. I thought it was funny that TN. Mountains had done the same. Couldn't resist. I thought about the site's reputation after I did that. I won't do it again. It does hurt us all. One bad apple type deal. I thought about that. Thank you for reprimanding me in a nice manner. Won't do it again on purpose. What about the pet wood I posted on T Witko's thread? Was that appropriate? I think it was in line, but have thought about that post as well. Thank you brother.
 
that rock you posted on Twitko's thread WAS petrified wood
so i don't think it was something that bothered him
he is to nice of a guy
it has been a terrible long time since i ever seen him upset about anything
 
larson1951 said:
that rock you posted on Twitko's thread WAS petrified wood
so i don't think it was something that bothered him
he is to nice of a guy
it has been a terrible long time since i ever seen him upset about anything

He seems to be a kind soul. I posted it to get assurance that I had the same material as that piece of his was made of. You know why! So I will know to look for points made of that lithic, since it is here around me. That is a beautiful blade that he has. You said you could see the grain in his. My eye isn't trained for that. I have looked that blade over and don't see the grain. Had I found it, I would still be misinforming people on its lithic. It looks an awful lot like obsidian. I'm glad he told ms pet wood. Taught me something valuable. I thank him for that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom