Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I found this nearly perfect round stone while detecting a ploughed field the other night. Do you experts think it may be some sort of artifact, or is it just wishful thinking? This field is nowhere near water, and there are zero other rounded stones.

I’m including a pic of a similar looking item from a South Dakota page, although mine is smaller.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!
IMG_9066.jpeg
IMG_9068.jpeg
IMG_9067.jpeg
IMG_9070.jpeg
IMG_9042.jpeg
IMG_9041.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 5

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a cool rock..were there any other rounded stones in the area? In most cases it takes moving water to round off a stone, so I have to wonder if it was native to that field.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool rock..were there any other rounded stones in the area? In most cases it takes moving water to round off a stone, so I have to wonder if it was native to that field.
Thank you. I edited the main post to include that there are no other rounded stones, and this field is nowhere near water. That’s why it really jumped out at me when it caught my eye.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread