What's new

Artifact?

Mintberrycrunch

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
487
Reaction score
564
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely natural but thought I’d post a picture any thoughts
 

Attachments

  • 03171009-6ACF-4FCD-BA7F-3BDE5594628C.webp
    03171009-6ACF-4FCD-BA7F-3BDE5594628C.webp
    809.9 KB · Views: 144
I would say yes .. looks like a nutting stone. Nice save.

Added: Take a look at some of the ones here: nutting stone
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
A nutting stone is a possibility, but on a stone that small, I'd say natural.
 
Upvote 0
Quarter for scale
 

Attachments

  • B513445C-464C-40A0-9292-2FD10E9697F4.webp
    B513445C-464C-40A0-9292-2FD10E9697F4.webp
    666.4 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
More likely a Omarolluk or Omar for short.

58f93a415f58be960a0fd558463a4718.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mire likely a Omarolluk or Omar for short.

Agree. They're very common in Michigan.

Omarolluk 2.webp

Of course a Native American could potentially make use of something naturally formed in a convenient shape, but nutting stones usually show some signs of use-wear/impact damage and I don't see it in the one you found. Just some weathering and erosion.
 
Upvote 0
Last two pictures top and side views
 

Attachments

  • 23E6560E-8AF6-4909-885E-D2B788B42FD9.webp
    23E6560E-8AF6-4909-885E-D2B788B42FD9.webp
    417.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 5B67874D-6783-4157-BB49-2D9367C36B03.webp
    5B67874D-6783-4157-BB49-2D9367C36B03.webp
    824.5 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom