VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I managed to pick up a few more Native American artifacts during the last seven days at some river & creek bank sites. The pink Dovetail point in the small box dates to 6,000 years ago (Archaic).
Each year, I try to make a video about some local CW history. This year, I enlisted the help of my friend and historian John Waggoner, Jr. and we discuss Smith County CW history and Secretary of State Cordell Hull who served for a record 9 years 9 months and during the critical WW2 years. Enjoy & HH, Q.

My 2014 CW relics on hold at 373.

Attachments

• DSCN0215.JPG
    DSCN0215.JPG
    783.2 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 3

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice video, Mr. Q. I enjoy listening to you talk about places I know and am familiar with. Last Sept, my family in Ky and I went to Pickett State Park for a picnic. I thought that is where you were talking about when you mentioned Cordell Hull's home being made a state park. I always loved crossing that swinging bridge!
Very nice gesture giving Mr. Waggoner that Enfield....you're a class act and I always enjoy the videos. Great artifacts you shared.
I said congrats to you on the mention in the latest American Digger mag on MM's Hoosier thread, but didn't know if you'd see it so am repeating it here. Keep 'em coming!:coffee2:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks OD. I timed this history video for Memorial Day because Cordell Hull was an important figure during WW2 when EVERYTHING was on the line for America. Have a great weekrend Bud. HH, Q.

Same to you vp!! Be safe, Q.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Q. You are a natural on the radio and in front of a camera. I see you wore your best shirt too from the "Dman Collection".
Nice gesture giving John that Enfield bullet. :thumbsup:
If you keep finding those Indian artifacts I may have to start calling you "Chief Quindy- member of the Tenntrio Tribe".
Well done,
DUHg

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great video Q. You are a natural on the radio and in front of a camera. I see you wore your best shirt too from the "Dman Collection".
Nice gesture giving John that Enfield bullet. :thumbsup:
If you keep finding those Indian artifacts I may have to start calling you "Chief Quindy- member of the Tenntrio Tribe".
Well done,
DUHg
Lots of experience teaching and conducting training seesions MM. As to that shirt, Buckleboy has convinced me that the Columbia wicking shirts are much cooler-not trying to copy Dman-LOL.
My motto: If you can hunt CW relics, hunt artifacts!

HH, Q.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a smart cookie, Q. AND a great speaker. I don't know how you remember / recall all that info. Enjoyed the video! :)
Nana

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stone artifacts Quindy. I drove down to one of my arrowhead hunting fields last Sunday, but the farmer planted grass last spring and is leaving it in grass this summer.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Very nice presentation Q. You did a good job. I've been arrow head hunting also but not doing too good. Too hot for digging just about!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that's a great video. I was hoping he would fire that cannon! P.S.

Dman needs to check out my latest post. :D

Cheers,

W

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're a smart cookie, Q. AND a great speaker. I don't know how you remember / recall all that info. Enjoyed the video! :)
Nana

Perhaps Dman stands off-camera and holds
"Q" cards! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love all your videos Wuindy,had no idea that Carthage played such an important part in the Civil War.Nice tip on the Columbia shirts too,may have to get one for me and the mister. Very impressed by the points you found too.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to everyone for the reples. Nana, if I'm a "cookie", does that make Dman & Modern Miner "Tarts"?-LOl. OD, no "Q" cards needed-he'd fumble them anyway. HH, Q.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy....when is your next article coming out? You know that I'm a big fan. How is DMans kennel doing?

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quindy....when is your next article coming out? You know that I'm a big fan. How is DMans kennel doing?

Donnie, I believe the U.S. Picket Camp article will be in the next W & E issue plus an article or two in that magazine after that. Then, AD Magazine has 3 articles they will publish soon, and North South Trader has two. It's hard to keep up with them. As to Dman's kennel, he just had 2 large additions there for a prolonged visit-LOL. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread