Benclark
Jr. Member
Hello,
This is my first post on the forum and I'd excited to share my recent discoveries!
Our ranch has been in the family for more than 100 years and there were always stories about war battles during the time when my great great grandfather operated a sheep farm in the late 1800's.
A couple of weeks ago I found an older map that showed an area of the ranch labeled the "Old Camp". So I decided to walk the area and I was shocked to find more than I ever thought.
I went a little heavy on the presentation of each artifact because I plan on showing them to my extended family at our next family reunion.




This is my first post on the forum and I'd excited to share my recent discoveries!
Our ranch has been in the family for more than 100 years and there were always stories about war battles during the time when my great great grandfather operated a sheep farm in the late 1800's.
A couple of weeks ago I found an older map that showed an area of the ranch labeled the "Old Camp". So I decided to walk the area and I was shocked to find more than I ever thought.
I went a little heavy on the presentation of each artifact because I plan on showing them to my extended family at our next family reunion.




Upvote
30
Lots of good advice already given. Since your finds were concentrated in one area, consider excavating some 1 yard x 1 yard test pits there, then sifting. If you remove the dirt in 1 inch layers, you'll be able to keep track of what artifacts come out at what depth. Wishing you the best of success!






