What's new

Artifacts sold on shopgoodwill.com

niffler

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
916
Reaction score
1,386
Golden Thread
1
Location
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This auction lot went for a crazy amount of money, $10,001. Does anyone know why these artifacts are so valuable? 2122132213439tgen.webp
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/68824859
 
Upvote 0
Well if all those paleo points are good that would explain it.
 
Maybe he was hoping some of the Clovis points in the top row were legit.
 
That and there is a large pinkish paleo possibly left side just higher than center.
possible bar amulet at the top to the right of center. Some larger notched.

Its a crap shoot at that point, no info on them.
 
My gut says someone just spent ten grand on about $1000 worth of repros.
 
I see lots of lanceolates and they all seem to have a perfect edge outline. No damage on any of them. The pink one at 10 o'clock screams modern to me. Heated AR novaculite likely. I'd run away fast and far from this batch. Gary
 
The prices on shopgoodwill are crazy, iv watched some of the coin lots they put on and it blows my mind what people pay and they dont give good descriptions, i dont look at that website anymore
 
I have no idea if it's true, but I've heard there is a lot of money laundering happening on sites like that.

I don't see any reason for someone to spend 10K on that lot, it would be easier to fly out and see them in person before rolling those kind of dice.
 
Why would anyone spend 10k on a cllection without iron clad provenience?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom