As the title of the forum states!?

Nedhawks

Jul 13, 2019
South virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been walking a 60 acre piece of land near the James river in virginia for the last 4 months. I have found projectile points, buttons and coins. I have also found these 2 rock like things that have me stumped. I have combed this acreage with a fine tooth and these are the only 2 rocks I have found that look anything like this. I'm just assuming the little hollow one is the same thing as the big one, however they were found at separate areas. But that doesn't really matter because all the top soil had been stockpiled and layed back down. Take a look!
20190911_174201.jpg
20190911_175520.jpg

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Dunno, cool though

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your item closely resemble preserved fossil casings of worm or other small animal holes. In other words, what's left of the tunnel that a creature made.

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i find those all the time...they are just simple accumulations around something like a root or twig that has rotted away over time and left a "cast" of what was once there. VERY very common.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread