Toadady
Greenie
- Joined
- Jan 4, 2013
- Messages
- 14
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I'm a bit shy, tell me, what words do you use?
"hey my wife got us a metal detector for chirstmas, the kids and I would like to metal detect your yard"?
then you get the "well what am i gona get out of it?"
should i just say " well you can have all the pull tabs and rusty pennies i find"
"hey my wife got us a metal detector for chirstmas, the kids and I would like to metal detect your yard"?
then you get the "well what am i gona get out of it?"
should i just say " well you can have all the pull tabs and rusty pennies i find"
That pretty much sums it up: also i am not telling you to lie and i have done this before with hard-core property owners/famers and have been very successful at it though I havent done it in awhile because I have so many spots I can go these days. But I use to say I was writing a research paper or book of the area and think there may have been some history on the property,etc.. but this should only be done with hard-core property owners, i once did this to a farmer who i knew was sitting on a good spot, everyone and there grandma has asked for permission but he refuses, so i pulled that one on him and he gave me the key to the gate and said "Have at it" I guess i kinda got that professor type look in away... but seriously this is kinda wrong but it can work! Good luck 







