What's new

Assorted finds, including my first musket ball!

NJ Garrett

Full Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
115
Reaction score
235
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

Scrappy's text of the KGII inspired me to get out of the office a little early on Friday, and go for a hunt. I went to my local stomping grounds, and came up with a few assorted items.

2 Indians - 1883(or 8), and 187? (probably 7, lol).
Several wheats - I think that one is 1911.
I found what I believe is horse tack and the pieces still have the leather attached, which was cool
A strange coin. Republika Jugoslavija. I looked it up. My first aluminum coin. Bizarre. It's in bad shape.
A 1918 mercury dime
And a big honking musket ball. It's about a half-inch diameter (I don't own a caliper, lol), but it's just so cool.

Anyway, I'll try to get out during my son's art class today. I'll check in if I find more!

Kevin

20150627_111412.webp
 
Upvote 18
Hi Kevin, That's a dropped musket ball with a real nice patina--great find. Horse tack with the leather still attached is an uncommon find. And since Yugoslavia does exist any longer as a single country that's kind of a cool historical artifact.

Good job! :thumbsup:
 
DO YOU HEAR THE FROG . WIBITS, WIBITS, OH I MEANT TO SAY RIVETS , RIVETS AND LEATHER AND COINS . WHERE THE HECK DID THE FROG COME FROM.
 
DO YOU HEAR THE FROG . WIBITS, WIBITS, OH I MEANT TO SAY RIVETS , RIVETS AND LEATHER AND COINS . WHERE THE HECK DID THE FROG COME FROM.

Haha. I went to comment and then saw Sutphin's comment. He seriously writes the funniest stuff on here.
 
I'm glad I inspired you with my text of the KG2! Lol. That horse tack with leather attached is awesome. Glad to see you grabbed a couple Indians too bud. Let's hunt again soon.
Steve
 
A great bunch of finds.
You got a nice site to hunt there.
 
Congratulations on the musket ball.
 
Round balls are in my top 3 favorite things to find. I display mine in a " Ball " mason jar lol.
 
Nice finds! Congrats!

Those musket balls are heavy for their size, just imagine carting around a bag full of them and loading them one at a time.
 
great digs!, good job on the musketball

that scrappy......such an inspiration:happysmiley:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom