Astral Projection... you ever try it?

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm curious as to why it's called astral projection. To me, it's just dreaming. I fly periodically and love it. It's amazing. But I don't think it's anything special, except the fact that I actually experience the "flight" sensation. I love that. What exactly is "astral projection?" I apologize for my lack of mystic knowledge.

Noodle

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Noodle said:
I'm curious as to why it's called astral projection. To me, it's just dreaming. I fly periodically and love it. It's amazing. But I don't think it's anything special, except the fact that I actually experience the "flight" sensation. I love that. What exactly is "astral projection?" I apologize for my lack of mystic knowledge.

Noodle

My understanding is it's the actual separation of soul and body... the conscious decision to "take a trip" and fly away... or go someplace... a real physical thing - not a dream or thoughtless flight of fancy.

I don't know how to articulate it... :-\

P

pippinwhitepaws

that was a fair explanation jim.

the soul leaves the body and travels. this level of consciensiousness is attained by study, trama, or other aids.
(if you go to mexico, don't drink tequilla on the beach...)

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I don't think my soul has ever left my body. What I experience is my body escaping gravity. And it's a hoot!

How do you know when your soul has left your body? Just curious... I never imagine my soul within my body, much less outside of it. I leave that to my Maker and my demise. How do you "identify" your "soul" in ordinary/extraordinary happinstance? (is that a word??)

P

pippinwhitepaws

well..there is a greater chance of astral projection than a human growing wings.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well, I don't see my "soul" involved in it at all. Just in some of my dreams (and it's only been in the last six months or so, and I'm 100+ years old) I do this. It seems I'm always in a semi-stressful situation, and I feel challenged, and I just ... push off and lift up. Oh, and I'm always surprised when I get aloft. But it's an exhilarating feeling in my being. And I'm either escaping something, identifying with something new (territory or lands), or exploring something.

Somebody's going to put me in the Loonie Bin tomorrow.

Noodle

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
well i guess its similar to some near death experiences, my grandmother passed from diabetes and high blood pressure problems, twice and came back. one time she was flatlined and felt herself float out of her body and around the operating room, one of the nurses left to get some type of drug, grandma followed and watched the nurse grab a bottle then put it back and grab the right stuff and returned to the emergency room, when my grandma recovered, she knew everyones names who had worked on her, and what had happened[coversations]. the other time, she never left here body, she said she just saw this electric blue haze or light starting to cover her starting with her feet, she said she was trying to fight it and new if it fully covered her she couldn't recover. grandma was a strait shooter, and not one to tell tails. kind of what got me started thinking about the spiritual side of life back in my teens

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: Yes, Near Death Experience (NDE) IS similar to Astral Projection; BOTH involve the "Silver Cord"; get a NDE "thread", and I will share MORE about MY NDE. :wink:

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
Montana Jim said:
Sky_Warrior said:
Bad - It was one of my first AP's I didn't know much and when I went out of my body I looked around a little floated there and then decided to look outside my window. The first thing I noticed was a little spirit floating by about 20 feet outside. It didn't look friendly and I probably should have left that area to avoid it but I wanted to stay and check it out. I waited a little bit and it noticed me, it slowly started walking towards me I was a little worried but still decided to stay. It didn't look that scary or anything but it gave a negative feeling. when it finally got up to the window it just walked right through it (you can do that in the astral) and grabbed on to me. It was trying to scare me or something because it started shaking me. Its kind of funny now but at the time I was terrified, I broke free and started to walk backwards when it tried to jump on me. Thats when I found myself back in my body. Scared but no physical harm.
SO is it routine to see other "spirits" out there floating around? Is it like some other plane of existence where these dudes are just hanging out and screwing around with the newbies? :tard:

I believe it is another plane of existence but thats for the projector to decide. There are 2 sides to AP's but they both share many of the same views.

The spiritual side of things these projectors tend to see this as there soul going around and they may try to meet dead relatives etc.

The Scientific side, while AP is not endorsed by most scientific establishments at the moment it is gaining a lot of attention and many scientific studies are starting to be done. The scientific side thinks that there body has a invisible energy going through them and that for a AP it creates a energy body and uses that to travel out in this other plane.

Now I haven't had enough experience to answer your question about the spirits but in that book "astral dynamics" by Robert Bruce (the best guide out there) he talks about it. I wont go into a direct quote because its a big book lol but its in there just read it.

He says that there are many different beings that stay there, the negative beings can't harm us "newbies" and they try to scare the S*** out of us because it will usually send us back into are bodies. The Astral is controlled mainly by the mind to the point where if you think rain it will rain, but its more complicated then that and hard to explain. There are also good "spirits" out there usually doing there own thing or helping someone out. They are usually not that talkative and keep to there self. Others will help you if you ask nicely but others just want to do there own thing.

He talks about meeting beings and explaining to them where he is from and them being amazed because they don't know anything about it. To them it must have been like a alien coming and telling you the sun is blue lol.

There are the good, bad, and ugly in the astral but its not common to see other people or spirits and if you do they mostly won't talk to you or may get a bit annoyed that your bothering them. Others will lie as many negative spirits can talk and seem normal, they are said to be able to go into the "Akashic Records" to get info on you to answer your questions while they lead you to do what they want through trickery. Many of the terms for the astral and other things are from Asia as over there they have been astral exploring for thousands of years and were slow to catch up.

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had this experience over 20+ times. And it is not dreaming or lucid dreaming, its real time out of body experience with a white cord and the sights and sounds feel almost realer than life itself. I hate to talk about it because then it always seems to happen again, there has been some cool experiences but most of mine are not that great. I mean its trippy and lots of things do happen but I have the problem where I want to go back to my body as I get too scared and I cant so I have to sit there and try over and over til I jolt back in (literally wake up shaking and heart pounding)... I can talk a lot about my experiences here if people really want to know otherwise I just dont want to waste my time writing about everything I have experienced, so if you want to know please say so and I will gladly explain everything..

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
HunterSteve... fascinating! I'll not ask, but I appreciate your sharing... I would be scared to death that I couldn't get back into my body.

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first time was the worst, I had never heard of AP and I woke up but I could not move, I was paralyzed!! Some call this sleep paralyzation, others say a alien take over, etc whatever either way I laid there for like 2 hours thinking I must be dead and this was the afterlife and I was stuck here.. luckily I finally jolted back, next day I searched everywhere for any description like this and found AP they say after it happens (sporatically, but more if havent ate that much, stressed or wake up then go back to sleep lightly) that you can get back in your body by willing it that simple... so since then I am able to will it but it does take time and sometimes I freak out, once its happening you know, u cannot physically move your body but imagine yourself rolling off your bed and you will be flying.. then comes the music (for me anyway) its always beautiful or like a band marching, real loud, then comes objects, I just choose not to "open" my eyes but when you try to focus YOU WILL see things so be prepared, one time I walked to my alarm clock OOB and seen it said EE4 or something for the time (cant remember exactly what) but I looked it up somewhere and it was related to a TIMELESS state, it was too weird, other times I have seen deceased ones and its true you can go to oceans, planets etc, I just get to freaked out once leaving the house then I try to WILL myself back but sometimes takes up to 10 mins that Im just paralized praying for my life back then get jolted and its like WHAT A RUSH but the same time I pray it dont happen again... I know I am still a beginner at this and hope if it still happens I wont be so paranoid but I have already been diagnosed with anxiety twice (no insurance so docs dont bother) anyhow I know this is real or it wouldnt be a topic.. it really happens and you can look around if you dare and see things like surroundings etc and you are truly out of your body.. I have had some other really bad ones if anyone cares to listen.. its hard talking about them but at the same time it does feel good to get it out and know I am not crazy as I see many others have had similar experiences..

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:hello2: GOOD job! You don't have to worry about another "spirit" taking over your PHSYICAL body,
(you are in a "mental state", with a your "body image"...), as long as yer "silver cord" is still attached.
once the "silver cord" is "broken"... THAT is when "death" happens. Your FEAR & ANXIETY may well
"interfer" with SUCCESSFUL AP... OOB. Remote Viewers at Fort Meade, in Maryland (NOW "home" of "National Intelligence"), HAD to learn this. :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: :read2: http://www.firedocs.com/remoteviewing/answers/crvmanual/ :wink:

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I find this subject truly interesting. I had a couple experiences when I was younger and since then I've wanted to do it voluntarily but I've been unsuccesful. Sky Warrior mentioned a couple of books that were good to read, he's mentioned them before on another thread, and I justy haven't had a chance to look for them. I love hearing about everyones experiences and thoughts on it. I hope more will jump and relate their adventure. I used to meditate a lot when I was younger but I can't seem to do it now. I've tried to AP, but the best I can do is get a feeling of weightlessness and thats as far as it goes, I can't seem to get past there. I think I'll look into some of the things mentioned here and see what happens. Thanks.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Wow, that's a tough question. I don't know if progress is being made or not. I'm sort-a starting to think there is no true answer but the fact that I'm still asking questions and forming my own opinions and maybe even changing former opinions as you learn more is the real answer to the "quest". I know this much tho, I don't dis/believe in some things we've discussed just because I was told to do so. I guess I just don't fall into that "herd" mentality. I get the impression that you know exactly what I mean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread