What's new

At least I wasn't skunked!

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,178
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a great hunt, but, this little item helped take the pain away. Didn't think it was much when I found it, but, after a bit of cleaning I found the Colt 45 name and the Sterling stamp on the back. Never saw a pin like this before. From some firearms convention promoting Colt?
20260905_160314.webp
20260905_160347.webp
 
Upvote 21
Not a great hunt, but, this little item helped take the pain away. Didn't think it was much when I found it, but, after a bit of cleaning I found the Colt 45 name and the Sterling stamp on the back. Never saw a pin like this before. From some firearms convention promoting Colt?
View attachment 2264473View attachment 2264474
Are you kidding?! That's a great hunt!
 
Congratulations….
That’s a fantastic find.
My friend’s father used to own a precision grinding company years ago and they had the contract to grind the center piece that went between the handles of the Colts..
 
Very cool piece of jewelry, congrats
Here's a bit of details on the piece.

  • Design: The front features a highly detailed, miniature relief of a classic M1911 semi-automatic handgun. It is specifically stamped with the authentic markings "COLT AUTOMATIC CALIBRE .45" along the barrel, complete with the iconic Rampant Colt horse logo.
  • Origin: These miniature firearm pins were produced by Robbins Co. around the 1930s to 1940s. They were officially licensed promotional or commemorative pieces created for the Colt Firearms Company
 
"Calibre" is the British spelling. I'm wondering why it is used on a US made firearm? Maybe some were made for export to Britain?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom