Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Patrick. I can tell you that ever since i have went down to the 5x8, it has made a world of differnce when detecting in trashy areas. At first I thought that Depth would be an issue. But i havent had any problems with depth at all. Yesterday I was out and got a faint signal around 8 Inches....Well it was more like 10+ by the time i found it. And it was a wheat penny.

So i know that it isnt an issue. But I have noticed it can "Pick out" the good tones with trash around it.

Hope that is what you were asking about

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the smaller coil today. The people who seem to find the most stuff have the 5X8.

Gary1963

Jan 3, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 XP Deus Garrett Pin Pointer
Phiranna
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That 5x8 coil smokes the stock coil in recoverys. IMO

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with gunsil! I pulled a small piece of cast iron pipe at 10" then found my lost wedding ring at 2"! Great all around coil!

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
Gonna buy an AT Pro within 1-2 years probably. I really wish they shipped it with the 5 x 8 because I currently have an Ace 250 and love my smaller coil. The ace 250 came with a big AND small coil. Something I REALLY wish they did with the AT.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've got the 11" and its good but the reviews are too good on the 5X8. I'll be ordering the smaller coil for spring hunting. Separation is the main factor. Good luck.

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my 8" coil. It works great in all but the trashiest sites.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, just a quick follow up.

I bought the 8X5 coil and used it this weekend. To be honest, I did not expect much difference in performance. I mean, how different can it be, right?

There is a HUGE difference. I recovered more coins in individual holes this weekend, including silver, than ever before with the larger AT Pro coil. It was accurate, it distinguished better, it found more individual coins.

Too bad I did not get it before. I won't go back to the larger coil.

Patrick

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your new 5x8" coil Patrick! Yesterday that little coil got me digging deep
rusty iron! Lol!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, just a quick follow up.

I bought the 8X5 coil and used it this weekend. To be honest, I did not expect much difference in performance. I mean, how different can it be, right?

There is a HUGE difference. I recovered more coins in individual holes this weekend, including silver, than ever before with the larger AT Pro coil. It was accurate, it distinguished better, it found more individual coins.

Too bad I did not get it before. I won't go back to the larger coil.

Patrick

I was so skeptical when heard there was a "Huge" Difference too....Until the first few times i used it. I went back to all my old spots and keep pulling out coins in trashy spots.

the ATP should have came with this on there to began with...But who knows...maybe it was a marketing thing.

Glad to hear you had a good experiance with it Patrick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions