AT PRO . Digging SUPER Deep Big Silvers before COPs kick me. Live digs Video !

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT PRO . Digging SUPER Deep Big Silver's before COP's kick me. Live dig's Video !

this video is 1 day before I get kicked out of the park by the cops :sadsmiley:

this spot was the best silver spot ever .I know there is more silver in the ground .I only went over half of this awesome spot :sad1:...One day I will go back !.. ......maybe tomorrow .:laughing7:.

4 silver the day I took the video ..3 of them BIG silver's !. 2 silver before I got kicked out .video coming soon :laughing7:... so take a look at my video and see the awesome big Deep silver's I saved from the ground .....the cop said my coin were cool ..but I still had to leave :crybaby2:

IMAGE00058.jpgIMAGE00059.jpg
IMAGE00065.jpgIMAGE00066.jpg
IMAGE00068.jpgIMAGE00067.jpg
072513144304.jpg072513144326.jpg
IMAGE00069.jpgIMAGE00070.jpg072513144221.jpg072513144244.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Well done on the finds and your knowledge to be able to tweak that machine. I read all the replies before posting mine. I have to say that I agree with those who mentioned it not being a good idea to carry a shovel in any public area. Woods, farm fields private place where they don't mind OK. Not only does it draw attention, but in too many cases it has gotten area closed to detecting. Several people have replied about using a shovel in public places not being a good idea, and I am sure that many others who read your post also agreed just didn't reply. As good as you are with that machine I am sure you can be equally as good with a small digger. God bless and keep making those nice finds!

Just dont put yourself on the wrong side of the law over common silver not worth much more than bullion it aint worth it you know what I'm saying bro.

Just dont put yourself on the wrong side of the law over common silver not worth much more than bullion it aint worth it you know what I'm saying bro.

thanks for looking... the cop did not say I cant come back he just said I have to leave now... he said I would not even have come here if I did not get a call :occasion14:

How deep were these coins? My AT pro only gets a quarter at 8 inches. Garrett say's I should get a quarter at only 6-8 inches ? Someone online said my machine is not right, Garrett say's its getting them at the right depth.
I don't know who to trust.... Can you help me figure this out ??

Keep @ it and HH !!

Don't know a whole a lot about Garretts but my Gti 2500 is at about 8" with a 8" coil, for a quarter, after that it gets so so. Unless my machine has been broke this whole time?

Well done on the finds and your knowledge to be able to tweak that machine. I read all the replies before posting mine. I have to say that I agree with those who mentioned it not being a good idea to carry a shovel in any public area. Woods, farm fields private place where they don't mind OK. Not only does it draw attention, but in too many cases it has gotten area closed to detecting. Several people have replied about using a shovel in public places not being a good idea, and I am sure that many others who read your post also agreed just didn't reply. As good as you are with that machine I am sure you can be equally as good with a small digger. God bless and keep making those nice finds!

thanks for looking ... if you read all the cements then you would have seen that I agreed with the first person to say something about my shovel.. and that I would use my hand digger more often now in the park ....even though I have bin hunting in that park with that shovel for 3 years .. .I knew about the small digger in parks thing a long time ago...everyone's talking about it... its old news and rather repetitive info .. but I tried to get away with it ..and yes I will from time to time use the big shovel.....but thank you for your concern... I will try to be a lot more careful when hunting thank you ...

Last edited:
Unless I am wrong the "Beam", "Pulse" what ever its called forms off the coil shaped like a cone. Thus a bigger coil would make a bigger "cone" and would pick up deeper signals. Or Im wrong.

I agree with You. I use on of those 2' small Minnie Crafstman shovel also. Perfect Size!!

Great video, Great finds - I would suggest the sunray probe though - It will help you find that coin right after the initail dig, and you won't have to worry about hitting the target with your shovel.
Way to go!!!! Keep up the VIDS!!!! :notworthy:

I agree with You. I use on of those 2' small Minnie Crafstman shovel also. Perfect Size!!

yes I like the 2' shovel .. its so much faster .. and its not as intimidating as people on the forums make it out to be ...but I can see were there coming from ....some towns have shut down MD altogether and people are afraid its going to happen to there town and in some cases it will :sadsmiley: so they want to take every precocious they can .. cops here in my town and most people here don't give a damn if I am walking around with a full size shovel never mind a little 2'shovel . I have bin stopped by cops and people meany times ...they just want to know if I have found anything..lol... I have even dug big holes in a bass ball field ... A cop walked up to me .. man I thought I was in trouble ..he asked if I found anything and that he just got a AT PRO and joined a club lol ..the guy that takes care of the bass ball filed asked me if I could find his sprinkler head lol ...if you all think a small hand digger is going to save your a$$ your wrong.. the A hole that sees you swinging a metal detector is going to think your digging and he will be the one to call the cops ...small shovel or big shovel.. its not going to matter to them ... it just make us fell better when we have a small shovel... like it or not :tongue3:

Great video, Great finds - I would suggest the sunray probe though - It will help you find that coin right after the initail dig, and you won't have to worry about hitting the target with your shovel.
Way to go!!!! Keep up the VIDS!!!! :notworthy:

thank you I need a new pin pointer big time ... I was thinking the pistil prob .. it gos deep..and i never want to hit a coin again... I will not buy a garret all of them seem to have problems ya ya I know someone out there has had there's for a long time and they love it .. but I see way to many people having problems with the Garrett pro pointer . so I will never get 1 ..sunray thats the one that connects to your MD right I like it and have considered it .. is it water proof ? thank you

Yeah works just as good as a large shovel and less inconspicuous. Paint it a nice bright Eco green. Colors we wear on us and or around us alone will change a persons first impression and judgement towards a guy digging holes in a park. If your shovel looks more like a kids toy beach shovel in the park than a ditch diggers, you won't get bothered.

Yeah works just as good as a large shovel and less inconspicuous. Paint it a nice bright Eco green. Colors we wear on us and or around us alone will change a persons first impression and judgement towards a guy digging holes in a park. If your shovel looks more like a kids toy beach shovel in the park than a ditch diggers, you won't get bothered.

Paint it like a kids toy lol.thats the best thing I have heard.thanks

sorry to here your AT is only getting a quarter at 8 inches.... I dug 1 of the coins down 10" ..MY AT can hit a quarter @ 10" but thats in the AIR ..its not the same in the ground ...Garrett had released a couple of bad batches of AT PROS that I know of ...1 bad batch had a coil problem .... Garrett was tell the people with coil problem it was ok. and it was not ok lol....your AT pro is probably ok ... do you live next to high voltage power lines . or in a city..EMI can make a MD not work as good ...go out to the woods and try it out on full sensitivity ......I seen a video on youtube were this guy had 3 AT PROS and all of them had a depth problem
but it might be the ground he is hunting on ... I don't know.. ...in the video you will see he cant hit a half dollar @ 8" or 10"...there is clearly something wrong with his AT pro if you ask me ...
just do some testing...bury some coins at different depths

Well, first of all, thank you for reminding me of a test I'd been wanting to try for a while. :)

I had seen this vid before and wanted to try out my own test. I used a peace dollar for my test. Bigger than a half, I know, but my ground is quite mineralized. The AT balances at about 93!

Anyway, I dug and measured a plug of 8.5 inches. I placed the coin in the bottom of the hole and guess what? No sound! No VDI!. I said to myself, uh oh!

No matter how I adjusted the AT, nothing. Didn't matter what mode, still nothing.

I said this can't be right. A whole silver dollar at 8.5 inches and nothing!?!?!
Still can't be! I FOUND this dollar at about 10 inches! So, why. Well, I know about ground acclamation, metal leaching, corrosion and figured it might have to do with the ground being missing. (Open hole test). I laid the plug back in place and guess what? No sound. Hmmmmm.

I figured that the ground isn't usually that loose when I normally am hunting. So, at the risk of losing my dollar, I packed that plug back in place! So much so that when I dug it up later, the coin came out with the plug! :)

Anyway, as soon as I tried it, I got a hit. Smaller than I expected but that's probably because of the high mineralization. I tried different modes, different settings. The signal was still there. I did have to pay attention a bit but it was one I would dig. It even showed as 91 albeit a bit broken up.

The AT-Pro does indeed hit deep silver. If you're not getting it, pay closer attention. ;)

By the by, the guy in the vid couldn't find his half. That's because I snuck over there and dug it up when he wasn't looking. LOL

HH!

Hey I'm not in no way putting down your hunting skills. If anything I'm jealous that my At pro hasn't givin me a silver coin yet this summer. All I'm saying is I treat my hobby I love like a sport and dress like it is especially in the parks. I find the more extreme cool colors ,bright logos and clothes you wear, gloves, hats, shoes etc. it draws people away from the holes you are digging and more interested in what you do and have. It looks like what you are doing is a serious sport and you take it seriously. Get a cool shirt made that says " I DIG SILVER..DO YOU?

Well, first of all, thank you for reminding me of a test I'd been wanting to try for a while. :)

I had seen this vid before and wanted to try out my own test. I used a peace dollar for my test. Bigger than a half, I know, but my ground is quite mineralized. The AT balances at about 93!

Anyway, I dug and measured a plug of 8.5 inches. I placed the coin in the bottom of the hole and guess what? No sound! No VDI!. I said to myself, uh oh!

No matter how I adjusted the AT, nothing. Didn't matter what mode, still nothing.

I said this can't be right. A whole silver dollar at 8.5 inches and nothing!?!?!
Still can't be! I FOUND this dollar at about 10 inches! So, why. Well, I know about ground acclamation, metal leaching, corrosion and figured it might have to do with the ground being missing. (Open hole test). I laid the plug back in place and guess what? No sound. Hmmmmm.

I figured that the ground isn't usually that loose when I normally am hunting. So, at the risk of losing my dollar, I packed that plug back in place! So much so that when I dug it up later, the coin came out with the plug! :)

Anyway, as soon as I tried it, I got a hit. Smaller than I expected but that's probably because of the high mineralization. I tried different modes, different settings. The signal was still there. I did have to pay attention a bit but it was one I would dig. It even showed as 91 albeit a bit broken up.

The AT-Pro does indeed hit deep silver. If you're not getting it, pay closer attention. ;)

By the by, the guy in the vid couldn't find his half. That's because I snuck over there and dug it up when he wasn't looking. LOL

HH!

lol that's funny .. the guy in the video tried to find his half dollar months later and sill did not find it with the AT PRO.. and you said you tried this test and did not here the coin @ 8" and your AT PRO balances at about 93.. so dose mine ... in my video you will see I could here the the quarter down 8" in the open hole just like I heard it when it was under the ground when I found it ... I did not get VDI until I lowered my ground balances... but I still heard it Hmmm ..o well I just don't get it lol.. it dont matter we both have found silver down 10" so im happy with that lol

Hey I'm not in no way putting down your hunting skills. If anything I'm jealous that my At pro hasn't givin me a silver coin yet this summer. All I'm saying is I treat my hobby I love like a sport and dress like it is especially in the parks. I find the more extreme cool colors ,bright logos and clothes you wear, gloves, hats, shoes etc. it draws people away from the holes you are digging and more interested in what you do and have. It looks like what you are doing is a serious sport and you take it seriously. Get a cool shirt made that says " I DIG SILVER..DO YOU?

lol YA or a shirt that says GOT SILVER :laughing7:....I see a couple of guys in one of the parks I go to that have all the gear
they look like they have bin digging for a long time ...they even have those bad A$$ 4' long predator tools shovels ..I want 1 but I just can afford it ...just got the AT PRO LOL still trying to recover from that

lol that's funny .. the guy in the video tried to find his half dollar months later and sill did not find it with the AT PRO.. and you said you tried this test and did not here the coin @ 8" and your AT PRO balances at about 93.. so dose mine ... in my video you will see I could here the the quarter down 8" in the open hole just like I heard it when it was under the ground when I found it ... I did not get VDI until I lowered my ground balances... but I still heard it Hmmm ..o well I just don't get it lol.. it dont matter we both have found silver down 10" so im happy with that lol

I still believe it has to do with the mineralization, air interference and the tightness of the pack. All of which goes to what I've been saying all along. Learn YOUR machine! One machine cannot do it all for EVERY situation! So, you pick the best one for what YOU are going to be doing and LEARN it!!

I tried changing the balances and it didn't matter. I suspect it's because the type of mineralization I have is different from yours. The key still, (at least in my test), was that I didn't hear anything with the hole open and did with the ground closed. After all the detector is made to shoot it's magnetic wave through ground, not air. Moving the balances around manually may help because the machine is set to auto tune a certain way. It can't compensate for all the variables involved in different grounds. I suspect it probably gets as close as it can. Micro adjusting just might be what is needed, but that's up to the individual to decide what's best, for them.

I will agree with one thing though, this thing SHOULD have a larger coil available.

HH!

You just got it and already have a small hoard of silver. Very impressive!! You're a natural pro with your Pro! Lol.

What is mounted to your shovel?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back