AT PRO . Digging SUPER Deep Big Silvers before COPs kick me. Live digs Video !

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT PRO . Digging SUPER Deep Big Silver's before COP's kick me. Live dig's Video !

this video is 1 day before I get kicked out of the park by the cops :sadsmiley:

this spot was the best silver spot ever .I know there is more silver in the ground .I only went over half of this awesome spot :sad1:...One day I will go back !.. ......maybe tomorrow .:laughing7:.

4 silver the day I took the video ..3 of them BIG silver's !. 2 silver before I got kicked out .video coming soon :laughing7:... so take a look at my video and see the awesome big Deep silver's I saved from the ground .....the cop said my coin were cool ..but I still had to leave :crybaby2:

IMAGE00058.jpgIMAGE00059.jpg
IMAGE00065.jpgIMAGE00066.jpg
IMAGE00068.jpgIMAGE00067.jpg
072513144304.jpg072513144326.jpg
IMAGE00069.jpgIMAGE00070.jpg072513144221.jpg072513144244.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Great finds.
Just don't hold your digger in your hands with your headphones on as you might get shot. Are you in the Boston area and did they need 9,000 + cops to kick you off?
Just kidding......or not.

Great finds.
Just don't hold your digger in your hands with your headphones on as you might get shot. Are you in the Boston area and did they need 9,000 + cops to kick you off?
Just kidding......or not.

no just 1 cop. he was cool he like the silver coins I found but said I have to go . he did not say I cant come back lol .

When I first started the video, I was upset on seeing the shovel but on reading the posts, I realize you know what your doing.
Good luck,
SANDMAN

sorry to here your AT is only getting a quarter at 8 inches.... I dug 1 of the coins down 10" ..MY AT can hit a quarter @ 10" but thats in the AIR ..its not the same in the ground ...Garrett had released a couple of bad batches of AT PROS that I know of ...1 bad batch had a coil problem .... Garrett was tell the people with coil problem it was ok. and it was not ok lol....your AT pro is probably ok ... do you live next to high voltage power lines . or in a city..EMI can make a MD not work as good ...go out to the woods and try it out on full sensitivity ......I seen a video on youtube were this guy had 3 AT PROS and all of them had a depth problem
but it might be the ground he is hunting on ... I don't know.. ...in the video you will see he cant hit a half dollar @ 8" or 10"...there is clearly something wrong with his AT pro if you ask me ...
just do some testing...bury some coins at different depths

Hey,

Thanks for the reply... I don't know what to do, should I send it back to Garrett and say I'm having depth problems or something ? Should I tell them I think I have one of the bad machines ?

Thank you,
Keep @ it and HH !!

I have to agree with the other poster, your hole is WAY too big and even a 2 ft shovel sticks out like a sore thumb when detecting in an open park. You really need to step back and perceive how this looks to others.
I am sorry but honestly I feel that type of digging gives us all a black eye. There is no reason that a 3" plug or "flap" cannot be cut and objects retrieved at depths of 8" plus.
I have been known to give up on a good target when I felt that it would do irreparable damage to the lawn to retrieve it. A good detecting spot is not worth losing over 1 coin.
This is not a personal attack, just my feelings based on over 30 years of detecting.

I have to agree with the other poster, your hole is WAY too big and even a 2 ft shovel sticks out like a sore thumb when detecting in an open park. You really need to step back and perceive how this looks to others.
I am sorry but honestly I feel that type of digging gives us all a black eye. There is no reason that a 3" plug or "flap" cannot be cut and objects retrieved at depths of 8" plus.
I have been known to give up on a good target when I felt that it would do irreparable damage to the lawn to retrieve it. A good detecting spot is not worth losing over 1 coin.
This is not a personal attack, just my feelings based on over 30 years of detecting.

its cool man I like all the comments . other then the big holes did you like the video lol .....and like I said I dont dig big plugs like that all the time just when there is something deep and its hot out . that spot is in the sun all day ..it not every day I here deep targets . and if I cut a smaller plug the grass would be dead in this heat...I have permission to dig here for over 3 years and the care takers don't care as long as I don't kill the grass . so I will just keep doing what im doing . its working for me ..you do what you do I will do what I do thanks .and sorry for the black eye ..put some ice on it lol:occasion14:

Last edited:
Hey,

Thanks for the reply... I don't know what to do, should I send it back to Garrett and say I'm having depth problems or something ? Should I tell them I think I have one of the bad machines ?

Thank you,
Keep @ it and HH !!

I would do some testing first put a half dollar or a Quarter in the ground 10" ..try to see if you can here it .. I tried it.. I could barely here the Quarter but I still picked it up @10" and had no problem with the half dollar.. but i did not get a depth reading or VDI # until I lowered my ground balance from 93 to 80.... and you my have different ground type so the test might not be the same
if your AT pro is bad tell them you have 2 AT pros and 1 is not getting the same depth as the other one... tell them the good AT pro is hitting a Quarter soled @ 9/12 10 ". and the other AT pro is barely hitting a Quarter @ 8"...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back