AT PRO finally hits silver....first of the year and a first for me.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT PRO finally hits silver....first of the year and a first for me. Photo added. :)

Been hunting my rear end off on my days off. My brother Coinstriking and I hunt a patch of woods that has given up near 40 silver coins just this year. Also gives up buffalo,V's,war nickels. Indian heads, wheat cents. Tokens, all sorts of stuff.

My finds for the year thus far have been meager. A few wheat cents, a token, assorted junk along with about 100 shotgun shell bases.

This area has given up 3 silver halves, 2 bens and a walker. 2 silver quarters before today, Washington and standing liberty. 30+ silver dimes and only one was a rosie.

I started the year with a T2, moved on to an omega 8000 and now use an AT pro. I was getting frustrated by my lack of finds. I found a neat copper arrow/spear point last time out but that was it.

Today we hit a patch of woods we have hit before and I got a nice smooth quarter signal at 4 inches. I called my brother over to run his coinstrike over the signal as we often do to compare results and he told me it was a silver quarter. I dug down and sure enough a silver quarter, I was thinking sweet a washington....which would be a helluva find for me since I was at zero silver coins.

Turned out to be a real nice 1909 barber quarter. I about crapped. Sure a barber quarter is not a huge monumental find, but for my first silver, been detecting since april, I am happy :)

I would like to take a lower frequency machine through this area, the Omega would have shined I am guessing. But oh well, I might order me another one next year.

I will post a pic of the quarter along with a few other things I found when i get back to my brothers place. He has a camera.

314297_516035921745073_1953254674_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow awsome find...Glad to see the AT Pro is working for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back