Tucson Dan

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a new Garrett AT Gold. Just got out to a park yesterday for my first hunt with it. Found lots of coins in one of the children's playgrounds after I learned how to get rid of old bottle caps. Then I went to another play ground in the same park. I could not get the AT to settle down like it did in the other area. It was chattering away at everything. I tried different frequencies, ground balanced like crazy...discrim and no discrim...I threw coins on the ground and it was hard to read them. Finally gave up. Just don't know what was up with that area. I'm hoping that as I gain experience with the settings of the machine and the sounds coming out of it, I'll be able to make sense of places like that.
Best,
Bruce

If this is your first time out it sounds like you have caught on quick. You will have the same issues I'm having with my Pro. Sometimes there are just bad places out there. HH

OP
OP
Tucson Dan

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have started hunting a really old ranch here in Tucson and came across a section with overhead power lines. I'm running into the chatter issue with all my detectors in a very small area but it's directly in the vicinity of the lines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread