🏆 HONORABLE MENTION AT PRO & Pinpointer Found in Spratt Park Woods Poughkeepsie - Call Me!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!:hello2:

I got a telephone call from a fellow this morning, who told me a story I won't soon forget. Tom, dropped his very pregnant wife off at her job at Vassar College, and scooted over to the park to get in a couple hours of detecting on his day off. He had just dug his first Standing Liberty when his telephone rang. His wife's office manager was calling to tell him she had gone into labor and was on her way to the hospital by ambulance. He freaked, and forgot his detector and pinpointer as he ran back to his car, and sped off to the hospital.

He and his wife are now first time parents (little girl named Shannon). At some point last night Tom remembered the machine and pinpointer. When he went back this morning he found my note on the tree and called. Long story short, he'll be picking up the machine in a couple days after the baby comes home. How's that for a great story!!:occasion14:

Great story and great ending. You're the man Terry.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a classy guy! Well-deserved honorable mention!

craig82

Jan 22, 2018
az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going out detecting and coming home with a dozen Jamaican beef patty sandwiches should get this post added to the My Best Finds! section. Good on you Terry! :)

robmenn

Nov 3, 2014
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m late to the party in this but great job Terry! You are a great ambassador to the hobby!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you!:hello:

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!:hello2:

I got a telephone call from a fellow this morning, who told me a story I won't soon forget. Tom, dropped his very pregnant wife off at her job at Vassar College, and scooted over to the park to get in a couple hours of detecting on his day off. He had just dug his first Standing Liberty when his telephone rang. His wife's office manager was calling to tell him she had gone into labor and was on her way to the hospital by ambulance. He freaked, and forgot his detector and pinpointer as he ran back to his car, and sped off to the hospital.

He and his wife are now first time parents (little girl named Shannon). At some point last night Tom remembered the machine and pinpointer. When he went back this morning he found my note on the tree and called. Long story short, he'll be picking up the machine in a couple days after the baby comes home. How's that for a great story!!:occasion14:
Wow!!! such an awesome story with an awesome ending!!!

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I'm well over a year late to this posting and in fact would not have seen it had I not checked your bio Terry and checked out the honorable mention. You deserved that as your a real credit to the hobby. What a story, thanks for sharing!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best feel-good stories on t-net.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions