AT Pro-VS G2

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G2 can out preform the AT in heavy iron. Very quiet running machine!

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
I believe the only real difference between the G2 & Goldbug is the screen font on the Goldbug is larger good for us old guy's.
They have the same circuit workings.
If the question is AT Pro v either of the above I'd say the above G2 or Goldbug. Dan :thumbsup:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget the G2 and gold bugs have dual processors which make them faster. Higher freq to hit smaller targets and a 5 year warranty while AT is only 2. Garrett is waterproof which is a major plus.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read somewhere on a forum that the G2 was overly sensitive to iron flakes and would often identify them on the high end of the i.d. scale.

Is that true?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't seen that yet but it may happen in certain conditions. As iron is any machines worst nightmare. The G2 and gold bug pro are the quietest machines in heavy iron I have ever used.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
dazoff said:
I believe the only real difference between the G2 & Goldbug is the screen font on the Goldbug is larger good for us old guy's.
They have the same circuit workings.
If the question is AT Pro v either of the above I'd say the above G2 or Goldbug. Dan :thumbsup:
I did not notice that the screen size was different on the G2 & Gold Bug............... The problem with my AT Pro is every thing on the screen is so small i can't see anything......... Don't know why they made every thing so tiny.on the screen..........................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread