What's new

ATGold coils

lookingharder

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
434
Reaction score
753
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read a lots of the older post ( I try and do my research before I bother you guys with questions) and watched several YouTube videos on the subject but there still doesn't seem to be a clear consensus so I ask anyway. I have a ATGOLD with the stock 5x8 coil which I see a lot of people say high praises about. Iv'e also heard that a larger coil will go deeper and cover more ground. I watched the videos on the
Nel tornado coil on the ATGOLD and it seems to be a good combination. It seem that here in southern Virginia, things that Iv'e found are not too deep so finding items 2 feet deep isn't an issue. That being said, Is a larger coil going to give me any significant difference in day to day relic hunting? Iv'e been metal detecting for years with a old White's Coinmaster but until I bought this new Garrett I didn't know just how much I don't know about kHz and all the other technical terminology with the new detectors out there. It's kind of like going from a 1970 F100 to a 2018 F250 with all the bells and whistles. Any thought or suggestions will be appreciated.
 
Yes the tornado is good on the AT gold and it still separates decent with it on. The biggest gains you will see are depth. It's worth the price as it will pay for itself. It a heavy coil compared to the 5x8.
 
I also have the AT Gold as one of my machines, it is a very good machine; especially in all metal mode. I use it for relic hunting and trashy park coin shooting along with the Tesoro Outlaw.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom