What's new

Atocha Investing

blackbeard1717

Full Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
173
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody on the Forum investors in the Atocha and Fisher Family if so is it worth it?
 
Not me, but a relative.

Yes, it was worth it. Now, he was invested back in the beginning. I don't know about now.

Beth
 
You only can invest for 1 year at a time from what i under stand................ You invest this year and if they find any thing in that year you get a percent of the find.......... And if they don't find that much you do not make you money back..............Then at the end of the 1 year you investment is gone.... and you have to invest again........... It is not like you invest and your investment is there untill you want to close it out.............. At the end of 1 year they keep what you have invested and you are done........ Unless you want to put more money in for the next year......... some make some money and some do not .........
 
We have a family member that invested in the Fisher family back in the 80's. I believe he invested $10,000. He is now the happy owner of two of the 80lb silver loaf bars. He tells us they are worth in excess of $35,000 apeice. I got to hold one once, talk about being able to feel the weight of money.

I guess you are not required to invest any certain amount, but it's a little rich for my blood. Rick :coffee2:
 
I really don't know how they are doing it now, but back when my relative invested, the "botty" was distributed by percentages. The total amount of money, and if you invested, say, 10% of the "pot", you received 10% of the "take" (though, my relative took his in some gold coins and a piece of gold "rope", and I don't remember what else, but he said everything was weighed and calculated out.
(and I don't know how much he invested, or how often, either).

Its interesting. If I had $10,000 to throw away, I might consider it. (but I don't). It's like going to Las Vegas, don't take any more money than you can afford to lose. :laughing7: :dontknow:


Beth
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom