What's new

Attention Louisiana detectorists.....

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
4,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have heard about the new VA hospital that's being built here in New Orleans, what you might not know is that several square blocks have been razed already to make way for it. I'm planning to get down there and hunt as much as I can before it's paved over forever. This was an OLD neighborhood, and with the amount of grading going on, there have to be good finds down there.
 
Great, wonder if my wife would let me make a trip. :icon_scratch:
 
NOLA_Ken said:
You may have heard about the new VA hospital that's being built here in New Orleans, what you might not know is that several square blocks have been razed already to make way for it. I'm planning to get down there and hunt as much as I can before it's paved over forever. This was an OLD neighborhood, and with the amount of grading going on, there have to be good finds down there.

Sounds absolutely great, I wish I was there! I just hope that you dont hit another bone patch again. ;D
 
I used to work at Charity Hospital and still with LSU Health Science Center so I am know the area. Should be some great stuff out there waiting to be discovered.
 
Instead of sitting around thinking about it. It is a weekend get over there and do some detecting and let us know what you find......Matt
 
Cap'n Crunch said:
NOLA_Ken said:
You may have heard about the new VA hospital that's being built here in New Orleans, what you might not know is that several square blocks have been razed already to make way for it. I'm planning to get down there and hunt as much as I can before it's paved over forever. This was an OLD neighborhood, and with the amount of grading going on, there have to be good finds down there.

Sounds absolutely great, I wish I was there! I just hope that you dont hit another bone patch again. ;D
mlayers said:
Instead of sitting around thinking about it. It is a weekend get over there and do some detecting and let us know what you find......Matt

I'm off work on monday, and am taking my ladyfriend who has never detected before out on a "date", we'll post any finds.....thing is, i cant ever hope to cover it all, so I want others to hit it too......

hopefully no bones this time.... :o
 
Well, whatever you guys do, don't eat any oysters or crawdads when yer in Nawlins, or I'll really feel bad!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom