Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Used to be a time when, if you re-rolled dimes, they thought you crazy...nowadays, everyone's crazy.

Gingymann

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So who is buying dime MWR's, rerolling dime MWR's, marking them with a squiggle, and then returning them to the same bank? Specifically the Citizens Bank branches in Giant Eagle off McKnight Rd and in McCandless. :violent1: You can stop anytime now.

Please and thank you.

HH,
cuttybce

You mentioned so many facts I dont know which are the ones that make you mad. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I believe many CRH do a couple of those.
Here is a list of the facts you mentiones:

1.) buying MWR dimes
2.) rerolling dimes in the MWR
3.) marking them with a squiggle
4.) returning them to the same bank
5.) returning them to other brances of the same bank

I must admit that I do 1, 2 and 5.
I usually prefer customer wrapped, but if they don't have any I take the MWR so I dont waste my travel.

When I get MWR I re-use them. It's so easy to open one end and refill it as you go. Is this inappropiate for a CRH???

I never dump where I pick up. But I do dump on different branches of the same bank. Is this inappropiate as well???

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps they should use customer rolls and not mark them and then return them to different banks all over Pittsburg. That should solve the problem yes!

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So who is buying dime MWR's, rerolling dime MWR's, marking them with a squiggle, and then returning them to the same bank? Specifically the Citizens Bank branches in Giant Eagle off McKnight Rd and in McCandless. :violent1: You can stop anytime now.

Please and thank you.

HH,
cuttybce

Well, it's not me, Cuttybce. I picked up 20 cwr rolls of dimes at the GE off McKnight Rd. several months ago. No silver, each one was SHORT A DIME, and each roll had that same line down the side. That's when I stopped doing dimes. BTW, I dumped them at PNC. My question is whether your dimes were returned to the same branch, or just the same bank? How would you or the teller know if those mwr's were returned to the same branch?

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that could be a good thing. At least you would know which ones not to buy. Is it the other competition that has you all shook up? It used to worry me but after hundreds of bank runs doing dumps I have realized there are hundreds of people who do this in just my area alone. No sweat. Keep rollin. Increase volume

OP
OP
C

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
You mentioned so many facts I dont know which are the ones that make you mad. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I believe many CRH do a couple of those.
Here is a list of the facts you mentiones:

1.) buying MWR dimes
2.) rerolling dimes in the MWR
3.) marking them with a squiggle
4.) returning them to the same bank
5.) returning them to other brances of the same bank

I must admit that I do 1, 2 and 5.
I usually prefer customer wrapped, but if they don't have any I take the MWR so I dont waste my travel.

When I get MWR I re-use them. It's so easy to open one end and refill it as you go. Is this inappropiate for a CRH???

I never dump where I pick up. But I do dump on different branches of the same bank. Is this inappropiate as well???

But why go to all the trouble of rerolling MWR in MWR wrappers? Maybe it's just me....I don't get it.

And no, it is definitely not inappropriate to dump at different branches of the same bank. My issue is picking up and dumping at the same branch. The reason I know that the pickups and dumps are occurring at the same bank is because the tellers brought it to my attention.

I am very aware of, and fully welcome, competition. But, as one other person noted, if they are all a dime short like this "Mr Squiggle" CRH prodigy is doing, then I have a problem.

HH,
cuttybce

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people will do that. I watched one lady pull out 30-40 rolls of quarters out of her purse. Line them up on the counter for the teller. Got the cash and asked the teller for the same amount of quarters again. She stuffed the new ones in her purse. I should have told her that she should just sit in the lobby on the couch and search them. She would never have to leave the bank.
If your cheap enough to use only one bank your cheap enough not to buy wrappers either.

Gingymann

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But why go to all the trouble of rerolling MWR in MWR wrappers? Maybe it's just me....I don't get it.
cuttybce

Trouble?? I do it because of the lack of trouble. It is so easy to open the MWR from just one end and then re-insert the coins as you go. It's very convenient, easy and fast. Using CWR would be a pain, not only because I would have to purchase them, but because I would have to roll them completely myself. I have asked for free wrappers at the bank, but again, it's a pain to roll them up from a flat piece of paper. The MWR already have the shape and one closed end.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Several reasons:
1.) Saves paper
2.) No cost to the bank or you
3.) You have them on hand
4.) When depositing back the tellers trust them more
5.) Easier to use
6.) Stay closed better
7.) Easy to tear in half for half amount rolls
8.) Its a free country :p

As mentioned by Gingyman MOST CRHs on here seem to do the 1-2-5 option. I've often wondered why there wasn't a sticky on a semi-official way to remark and dump so we dont run into this confusion. For small scale pickup and dump at the same branch works ok but I wouldnt recommend it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
Trouble?? I do it because of the lack of trouble. It is so easy to open the MWR from just one end and then re-insert the coins as you go. It's very convenient, easy and fast. Using CWR would be a pain, not only because I would have to purchase them, but because I would have to roll them completely myself. I have asked for free wrappers at the bank, but again, it's a pain to roll them up from a flat piece of paper. The MWR already have the shape and one closed end.

OK, now I follow. The way you explained it makes perfect sense, and it does sound more efficient.

I stand corrected. I couldn't understand because I destroy both of ends of MWR when I open them purely for purposes of speed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread