jpg676.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Organicseekers

Dec 26, 2018
Wales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must have been some different sets of them.

https://grafengiech.hypotheses.org/tag/grafen-von-wolfstein

Google translation
Since the Renaissance, the princes have used the art of medals that emerged in the early sixteenth century to represent themselves. This means of representation was taken up at the end of the 17th century by the brothers Christian Carl II (1665-1697) and Carl Gottfried II (1670-1729) by Giech, who had received the imperial dignity as a result of their father's efforts; Christian Carl I. von Giech (1641-1695) had just experienced the census of his family on March 24, 1695. His sons honored the deceased on April 25, 1695 by imprinting a commemorative medal.

Really nice find

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info and Id I would love to have that bad boy in my display case

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The quote cited by Organicseepers does not refer to OPs coin, yet the source he quoted does refer to the coin presented above. The referenced quote is:
"....., a square commemorative coin. On the opposite side she bears the likeness of Henriette's then four-year-old brother Friedrich Wilhelm August. The inscription reads: "FRID. WILH. AVGVST. GR. V. WOLFSTEIN. HZOUP AET. IM IIII. IAHR * "The abbreviation" HZOUP "means: Lord to Obersulzbürg and Pyrbaum] The coinage on the back shows that this medal is also related to the construction of the Obersulzbürger Schlosskirche. There it says: "THIS | ONLY MALE | COUNTRY HERITAGE | LAY THE DEN | ZWEYTEN BASE TO | CASTLE CHURCHES IN | OBERN SULZÜBÜRG | A. 1719 ".
Don...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pocket Change

Pocket Change

Apr 21, 2005
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
D-Tex Koin-King
Don & the Britt, many, many thanks for the great information on this item. I sure appreciate your help.
Over the Hill Bill in Spokane

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions