What's new

Authentic Cavalry Button?

ole miss rebel

Full Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
119
Reaction score
257
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should this button have a back mark? Thanks, Robert
 

Attachments

  • F2644DCD-F0DA-4CD9-B0C0-0BD4D08E07A6.webp
    F2644DCD-F0DA-4CD9-B0C0-0BD4D08E07A6.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 231E6667-909F-447C-99D1-D4056049129C.webp
    231E6667-909F-447C-99D1-D4056049129C.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
These are same pictures as on ebay right now listed as civil war. Looks like a reproduction to me. I think that is where Robert is looking at it.
 
I think the back is wrong, hence made after the civil war.
 
Yes, an ebay item I was watching. Thanks for the insight.
 
Yes, an ebay item I was watching. Thanks for the insight.
I was afraid you might be going to buy it. I am fairly certain it is not right so I would advise staying away. Lots of fake confederate stuff out there.
But, there is always a chance I am wrong, but I do not think so.
 
Last edited:
I think the back is wrong, hence made after the civil war.
I think you're right smokey, it's a bit different.
Viewing the one in the reference and the one up for sale the shank hole is tight apposed to a rectangular cut out.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 9.13.05 AM.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom