What's new

Authentic Native American Arrowhead (?)

Zovers

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I was doing a little fishing in a small pond just off the Trukee river in Northern Nevada when I spotted this little gem laying a couple of inches down in the water along the shoreline. I did a little research on it and it appears to be made of chert and has markings that, along with the shape, lead me to believe that it is an arrow head. Its a little hard to see from the pictures but the item is about the size of a nickle and has a lot of curved markings on it as if it had been chipped away at with the tip of an animal horn or some other small, sharp object. Any insight would be appreciated!

http://imgur.com/a/yX8va

Edit: this artifact would most likely be from the Washoe or Paiute Tribe; I thought this might help with identifying it.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 4
Links don't work.
 
Not an arrowhead but it does look like a reduction flake created in the process of making one. Keep your eagle eyes on while in the area.
 
maybe its a scraper for hides
 
I agree with Gordon. Around here we call them chips, flakes, chunks...those all go in my rock garden.
Pretty little chip tho.
 
Definitely not an arrowhead, but could be an Indian or Paleo tool of other sorts. Could just be a broken piece of flint from a larger piece too.
 
I would agree with the others. No sign this has been worked, but a nice piece of flint.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom