Automax Precision V4 Pinpointing Metal Detector Probe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
like blackjack said, it is rather large. its also rather flimsey. i have broken two, but was able to re glue the probe to the housing and now they are stronger than when they were new. the automax works pretty well and those are my only two complaints.

porchdawg

Nov 7, 2005
Warner Robins, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTA 1350
I have an Automax V2. I used it quite a bit and never had any problems. I wiil say everyone is correct inthat it is too long. but I just clipped it to my belt and the rest is history. I just bought the sunray intruder for my Garret machines and used it one weeend. Sorry Automax you have been replaced. Will let a visitor use it when they need a probe. The Intruder is well worth the money.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
to slightly hijack the thread for a minute ::) i have a question for tony. what is your opinion on the sunray probes for the garrett and minelab machines? particularly, do they add much weight to the machine?

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
The added weight is about 1 lb. These are the best inline probes going especially for the money. You generally get up to 3 to 4" in depth and since your detector operates the probe , you are hard pressed to lose it . Also the probe sounds off through your headphones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread