What's new

Awesome box of nickels (With pics)

Ltrain

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Let me preface this by saying I know most of you guys don't care much about nickels, but this is a pretty cool box here... Another obvious collection dump.

As of late, I've been frustrated with rising silver prices and no silver halves around... add on the fact that my car broke down on my way to work last Wednesday, and I've been having a lot of trouble getting to and from banks without my girlfriend. However, I convinced her to stop by a bank on my way back to work after lunch, and I picked up a box of dimes and a box of nickels. The dimes yielded one lonely '53 Roosie. The nickels...

14 Buffs. All from Philly. Years are 23, 25, 27x2, 28, 29x4, 35, 36x3, 37.
IMAG0127.jpg


Then a single '43-P war nickel, a high-AU '39-P, a Bermuda nickel, and about a roll of pre-60's.
IMAG0128.jpg


All the kids together...
IMAG0129.jpg


Still don't think it beats the '31-S Buff I picked up last week. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Sweet cache of coins you found!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Wow, that's probably a nickel dream box! Awesome!
 
Sweet! Another good nickel box for you! Love the buffs!
 
Very nice! I once spent some war nickles, not knowing at the time what they were.. Now I know.. Since then I've been looking for one, but have only found other silvers. Just the other day I got a dateless buffalo nick in pocket change I was like WOW.
 
Awesome box of nickels! My best only had 5 and i've done hundreds of boxes. Congrats!
 
Great box Ltrain, wait till Kantuckkeean reads this post he loves the nickels. Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:
HH...Miner
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom